monocular

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
The small binoculars are just too big to carry 24/7 in my vest. I'm looking for a lightweight, compact, waterproof monocular. I've looked on the websites for Leupold, Burris, and Nikon with no luck. Suggestions?

I HAD a Simmons 10x25 binocular before I took Sam's advice. Now I have a couple of nice monoculars for me and the Mrs.
Thanks Sam. :)

Zeiss

I got one of those little pen sized monoculars out of cabelas for 90$.

If you want to buy it, ill sell it for $75 or so...let me know.

(it was a gift, and i use bonoculars anway) :)

its 100% waterproof...

and i think it is pretty amazing how something this small can work as good as it does. I have used it to spot (for example) a moose running across a wilderness road probably 1/2 a mile away. I think it is a good magnifier... it has a clip on it too, like a pen does, which is nifty. Actually all this talking about it makes me like it more.

i710910sq02.jpg

this is what cabelas says about it:
"The Zeiss MiniQuick Monocular weighs less than 1 oz. and measures under 5", to make it the perfect carrying companion as both a telescope and a magnifier. Despite its size and weight, the 5x power and 10mm objective lens deliver all the precision magnification and sharp vision you would expect from Zeiss. 14mm eye relief."

What do you want to carry around binocs for 24/7 anyways?

Let me know what you think :)

I'll give you an example:

A friend of mine and I were going to a Denny's in downtown Atlanta about a year ago when our attention was drawn across the street by what appeared to be a woman fighting off a male assailant. Then it stopped. Then it started again. We couldn't quite tell what was happening. So I ambled across the street being careful not to look at the folks. Got close enough to check it out with peripheral vision...two drunks play fighting...she was laughing. Got the license plate when I turned around to go back to my vehicle.

From across the street, we couldn't tell what was happening. For all we knew it could have been an abduction in progress (He had pushed her into the car and she came out swinging). I'd rather have the capability to check out such from a distance.

Back