Money burning a hole in my pocket.... HELP

Nathan

I need nothing. I have $600 burning a hole in my pocket....I can add a few to that or take some away... No big deal!

I have my heart set on the CZ 75 SP-01...and that is a great choice.

...but, is there something else. Also would like a s&w 586 6".

Could put it towards my AR project....could put it towards my precision rifle scope....could put it into odds and ends, but usually, I just wait for windfalls or smaller amounts to do that.

I like guns like S&W revolvers pre-1986. I like 70 series 1911's. I'm growing fond of CZ75's. I like my XD45 5", but only because it performs when pushed to speed limits. Don't really like Glocks, but kind of want to build a G19 CCW piece for my son in law, daughter or just for the fun of doing it.

I like most popular calibers....even 9mm is growing on me.

So, what do I buy?

Sounds like you answered your own question in the second paragraph. There is always something else but if your heart is already set, there it is.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have enough saved up for a new "toy" but my "needs" are pretty well covered as it is. Things on my short list include G26, SP101 3", PPS M2 LE, GP100 5" - but truthfully none of those fill a significantly different role than my G19, LCR357, and GP100 3". So I've been dragging my feet cuz as soon as I get one, then I can't get the others. :o Maybe I should just get a new iPad. :rolleyes:

If I had $600 laying around (and I didn't already have one), I would buy a full size RIA 1911 Rock (formerly tactical I) in 9mm and 1,000 rounds of Perfecta ammo from Walmart. I bought 500 rounds to break in mine (per the book) but after a little over 400 rounds with no malfunctions of any kind, I decided to quit counting and just shoot it. It's the most accurate gun I have and a 1911 in 9mm is sweet.

You can't go wrong with any of the CZ75 variants. All very solid pistols.

You might find a Ruger SR1911 used, or perhaps new, in that general price range. Excellent entry level 1911 .45ACP in my mind.

Glock 19 gen 4 if it fits your hand. One of the best options out there. It is good at every category OR should I say it is not outperformed significantly by any gun regardless of price. Tons of support and holds its value very well (just look at the values from the last panic).

Anything after G19 is diminishing returns. Aaaand I just made a lot of ppl mad

I think it all depends on how much you like revolvers over semi's. Can't go wrong with the CZ, but the 586 is nice too.

5105.jpg

In light of current politics, I would have said AR, but sounds like you already have that covered.

So . . .

If you reload, buy more materials and/or components. If not, then buy more ammo.

Patience and Gunbroker are your friends. I got a CZ clone and a nice old K frame for less than $550 OTD combined. Stalk the guns you want on there and you will eventually get the gun you want at the price you want. My FiL recently got a very nice NIB Metro Arms 1911 for a $330 bid. Take your time and get two for the price of one! :)

Don't really like Glocks, but kind of want to build a G19 CCW piece for my son in law, daughter or just for the fun of doing it.

Well if you have $600 burning in your pocket, I'd definitely opt out for the Glock 19 build. Emotionally, I love the idea of a Colt Series 70. But I don't see it happening for $600. So for defense? Nothing really beats the simplicity and durability of the Glock.

I'd say with recent events. The AR should be your primary investment. Then the Glock, then a range toy.

Nice post Armybrat....you are making me think again about another Ruger SA in 45 Colt / 45 Auto....:confused:

Glock 19 project is still on the short list.

Found a new SP-01 for the right price.

Big chunk of my Burris XTRII 5-25 plan.

Another option is to put the money into finishing projects: 1911 build; AR rebuild in the planning stages; almost done 10/22; plus reloading supplies....was planning to restock to the tune of about $500 at Summer's end....

Politically thinking, reloading supplies would be nice to be over stocked on...:eek:

Back