Modify Ruger P90.45 to DAO?

MattH

Inactive
Greetings!

I am very new to this board and would like to say hello to all the members. You all seem like a very knowledgable bunch and I am happy to be here.

My question involves my p90 pistol. I purchased it with a conventional double action and safet/decock lever.

However, after shooting some friends' DAO pistols, I am a convert!
Would it be a difficult job to modify this pistol?

Is it a matter of replacing parts or removing the cocking notch, or cutting off the hammer spur? I have never done this type of 'smithing before. Although, I do feel knowlegable enough to the work involved, I don't know where to start.

I should also mention, that unless absolutely neccesary, I don't want to have to send the gun back to Ruger.

Thank-you in advance for any advice.

I believe that the slide on the DAO is slightly different and it houses a spring which is used to return the decocker to its position of rest. There is also a pin which fits into the side of the slide and this pin serves as a bearing surface against which the decocker spring works (it also serves to retain the spring). Changing a DA/SA to a DAO is more than replacing a few internal parts. The slide must also be changed.

Back