• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Moderators, is there anyway we can....

Jeff OTMG

...add the date of the first post of a thread to the topical list table? A new poster, twin sig, has been bringing up DOZENS of posts that were started last year which brings them to the top driving the recent stuff to the bottom. Worse is that he has posted 2-5 word responses minutes apart on multiple threads and is showing nearly 200 posts in 10 days, though the majority of those are today. Rich has averaged 5 or 6 posts a day, this guy more than triples that rate. No it does not violate the TOS of the site, but weeding through threads that I read 6 months ago is a pain in the butt and adding a date to the listing screen would prevent the problem. Help and save us all some time, please.

[Edited by Jeff OTMG on 04-23-2001 at 10:11 AM]

Jeff, I have pulled up some stuff from the past and posted links and added to the original thread. If I am the one of which you speak I will offer the following.
It all started when some of DE BASE was lost and relegated to our own memory and I tried searching for some old threads. I just thought that I would pull a few good ones to the top. :)

Not you Hank, got no problem with that at all. I just got irritated when I went into the Handgun forums and found what looked to be 40 new posts and 30 of them were from 6 months to a year ago. Looks like the guy is a SIG sales rep using the forum to push his product or at least his opinions. I was interested in some of the topics , but when I opened many of them, they were OLD. Just wanted a way to save time. If I see a thread that was active a year ago I may go look at it, if I see 20 of them I won't waste time.

SHewww' Wiping my brow imageYeah I have noticed a bit of commercial stuff or "buddy team" stuff going on.
Kodiac and DC's Brothers should be able to take care of it though :D

I just love reading off-topic posts from 1998.

Perhaps he is not aware of the annoyance he is causing. If I could get his email address (he's got it locked out), I would send him a polite one.

Since we non-moderator/non-administrators can't get his email address, maybe a moderator/administrator can send him a polite message and ask him stop it.

Back