Model S&W 65

ruger357

Bought a model 65 with the three inch barrel Saturday. It is in great shape and I paid $200.00 for it . Anyone out there have one? If so I was just wondering if the price was right.

I don't own one but would like to. In this area we would have to go 300-350 on what you have described. You got a great price from where I'm sitting.

Nice buy. Have had one before. Now have kissing cousin. Model 66 3in round butt. Only difference, adjustible sights.

I have a M65LS, I love it. It is a great gun so I'm sure you'll be pleased. The 3" barrel seems perfect for this gun, long enough for a good sight picture and accuracy yet very handy and concealable. The price you got yours for is great. Mine was more than double (though you pay a little more for the LS model and I bought it new- now I know better but I didn't then). Used they still go for far more around here.

Great Price!

They go for at least $300 around here, when you can find one.

This size K frame has always been my favorite revolver. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I have posted a picture of mine on this forum under the thread "salt n' peppa revolver set.

Jay

I also have the 3 inch S&W model 65. Like it very much. Think I paid $325, many years ago during the Clinton regime.
I never could get a holster to fit it though. I could only find a 4 inch holster for it. Kinda defeats the purpose, I thought, carrying a 3 inch gun in a 4 inch holster. My as well carry the 4 inch 65.

Ruger 357,

Thanks, but I don't know, and they are not marked. At least once a month I get to go through a a box of grips at a local gun shop. I usually take a gun that I am starting to get bored with and try and find a new set of grips to change it up a bit. These will probably stay on for a while.

Roy

Back