Model 94 front sight

Yosemite Steve

I have a model 94 30-30 and would like a smaller front sight. I can't find one anywhere online. The existing sight covers the whole target at 100 yds. Any ideas?

The factory sight has a .060" bead. You can but a Marble's front sight with a .030" bead. But just know that either way you go, your Win 94 is not a precision instrument.

Every gun is a precision instument to me. Aim small shoot small. Thanks for the info. 1/2 size is a start. I was looking for a needle point or something close.

Genrally speaking, any sight will pretty much cover your target at 100 yds, if you use the whole bead to sight with. If you just use the top of the bead, you will find much more precision.

That is a good point. Maybe I have been looking through scopes for too long. The smaller bead may help but I definately could polish my skills with the open sights on this gun. I shoot about as good with my 44mag.

Sounds like you should be using a 6 o'clock hold.
"... a .060" bead..." More narrow than a National Match M1 Rifle front.
"...Every gun is a precision instrument..." No Win 94 is any such thing. Or even close. If it shoots a consistent 3" at 100 you're doing well. Triggers, barrels and sights aren't up to it.

A six-o'clock hold can typically be held more consistently so it might already be better than that. I don't shoot groups much with mine but from load testing I know I can do 4-5" anyway with handloads and the factory sights.

Back