Model 700 SPS Varmint Syn vented beavertail stock

WesternNSW

Inactive
Does any one know of a retailer that sells a quality steel/alloy trigger guard/detachable magazine for a 204 cal and ships internationally? Do Remington sell the parts to covert from a floor plate to a detachable magazine? Thank you for your time.

Blackburn bottom metal is beautiful, but pricey.

Stockys Stocks has a few choices for drop out mags, PTG makes some good ones too. But do yourself a favor and ditch that stock.

Thank you for the reply. l have to say although the rifle is very accurate from the factory, the stock doesn't have a great feel about it. The trouble is finding one is Australia that l do like. Many American suppliers like Stocky won't ship them here. I'll look into the bottom metal you mentioned. Thanks again.

PTG Stealth bottom metal is really nice for the price and they take AICS mags. They are also the same inlet pattern as the Badger M5 bottom metal for about 1/3 of the price. I have one on a 308 5R mil-spec and like it a lot.

I i remember correctly, the Wyatt system takes Wyatt mags only. The reason I went with PTG is the fact that they are a really good deal as far as price and the AICS mags which I would venture to say are the most popular and widely available mags for dbm systems. I could be wrong though. Wouldnt be the first time. :)

Wyatt doesn't require the stock to be inletted. The mags allow for a little more length in the load but are proprietary. Personally, I just ordered a few extras, I don't plan on using the gun in combat and having to switch mags out. Plus the DBM kit is about $100-$150 cheaper than the Badger system which when you add the cost of the AI mags and inletting is significant to someone wanting those features on a budget.

Thank you all for your input. l did contact Boyds, however the stocks l was interested in were well over one hundred dollars. l will look up Wyatt online to see if they ship to Oz. Thank you all again for your help.

I don't know a great deal about after market stocks, grew up with walnut, however, l do know that the B & C stock that finally arrived from the States is very well made and the Remington 700 S/A fitted up beautifully, fit & tolerances were more than l hoped for. Thank you Saltydog235 for your recommendation.

Midway and RedHawkRifles.com both sell the Wyatts DBM,RedHawkRifles has the mags for $4.00 cheaper.You might try getting a used stock off of ebay or gun broker.com lots of sellers sell used and new and internationally.
I just put one of these on HSP stock and Remington 700 LTR 308. I S.S. pillard and glass bedded the Wyatts metal fit and functions flawlessly.I'm OK with the noncompatibilty with AICS,buy a few extra mags, the 10 round mags look goofy and get in the way, 5 rounders are perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks longranger, the B&C stock l purchase was from the gun broker.com web site and I'm more than happy with it. The Wyatts bottom metal has been ordered along with with a few 4 round mags to make night work a bit easier. Wish l had of found that web site some time ago, we struggle for product range down here. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back