Model 700 long action???

fadetoblack172

I just bought a new sps 300 win mag, and found a good deal on factory remington stocks. They say for long action only. Does the 300 win mag use a long action, or long action mag stock?

The difference between a standard long action stock and a Magnum stock is the barrel channel only . Yes your 300 is a long action !

You might have to open up the barrel channel a little. Not 100% sure about Remington's, but some companies use a thicker barrel in magnum chamberings. It is quick and easy to do if you have to.

Help out a st00pit n00bie b00bie but I thought the difference between short action and long action was basically caliber - bigger calibers are inherently longer length no ? So " long action " is for larger ,'" longer" cslibers but like .223 and even .308 are shorter so short action right ?

Related to this I read that one of the major differences of the Army M24 and Marine M40 was the Marine M40 is chambered for short action AKA only the 7.62 but the Army anticipated having a caliber change and did theirs long action , and they did indeed changed from 7.62 to what , 300 Win Mag right ?

Help out a st00pit n00bie b00bie but I thought the difference between short action and long action was basically caliber - bigger calibers are inherently longer length no ? So " long action " is for larger ,'" longer" cslibers but like .223 and even .308 are shorter so short action right ?

correct. the difference between the LA and SA is the size of the magwell and the length that the bolt has to travel to eject and chamber a new round.

Magnum Barrel Channel

:confused: Your 700 300WN does not use a Regular long action stock ! What part of MAGNUM do you not understand ?

It does use a regular long action stock even though it is a 300 win MAG it doesnt need the MAG stock because the barrel channel for a 300 win mag is different from say a 300 rem ultra mag

I think you need the long action not the mag stock. Mag stock is for heavy barrel. Call or email Rem custumer service they should be able to tell you

Not yelling , just confused . Sometimes I forget that you can only lead the horse to water , you can't make them drink .

Back