Model 70 trigger

hooligan1

I have been working on my old style model 70 trigger, before it was a creepy 5 lber, now its a clean breaking 3 1/2 lb and it was easy for anyone handy with a quality stone.
First I change the spring from that heavy duty to a less heavy spring, it still adjusts the same so that the safety has plenty of tension on it, and then all I had to do was to clean the sear surfaces up with a gentle stoning.
These sears come fairly rough with machine marks, now mine is flat and smooth.

Has anyone else got these results from very little effort?

Yes, the old Model 70 trigger is fairly easy to spruce up. One of the best trigger mechanisms ever designed.

Scorch I've had that rifle for 3 years and I didnt know how easy it was to make it better, until I just couldnt tolerate that somewhat gritty trigger.
Now Im definitely in line for a scope adjustment.:D

Will a trigger from a Pre-64 Win M70 fit one of the "new" M70's with the MOA triggers? Building a 270 from a "new" M70, the MOA triggers are decent but I don't want to give up my Canjar Pre-64 set-trigger!

I could be wrong, but I don't think the FN produced guns will take the old style trigger. I prefer the simplicity and ruggedness of the old trigger, but can find no fault with the new one. It comes out of the box much better. The old trigger could be very good, but almost always needs work.

Back