Model 70 222 remington

roadnuts

Inactive
Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to help me here. I have recently inherited a 1974 Model 70 Heavy Barrel from my grandfather at his passing. The main problem I have is that it didn't come with the magazine box. It is a 222 remington and I have had no luck finding this part. I have a couple of questions. First, does anyone have any suggestions on finding one? Second, is anyone familiar with this rifle/caliber combination. I have read that some of the smaller calibers used a spacer either before or aft of the magazine. Is that true? I know this rifle is the old long action and am just trying to make sure I am hunting the right piece.

You may have trouble finding that particular magazine box. Try calling Jack First Guns or Winchester Bob. Also, that chambering uses a special follower, so make sure you get the right one.

Have a 71 M70 in .308..

the spacer is at the rear of mag.
Try Brownell's as they have some parts or numerich (e-gunparts).

Go to winchestercollectors.com register and post parts locating question to see if anyone there can help.

The throw of bolt is controlled by the bolt stop on left receiver side, if that's original then only need the mag box.

the follower is with rifle or missing also???

I highly doubt that a factory model 70 in 222 would be built on a long action? Can you take a picture of the hole where the magazine suppose to go?

Back