Model 12 manufacture info

Acquaintance has a model 12 he is interested in selling and I am trying to get him a little info.
1819XXXF
I found a source online that indicates 1961 manufacture. Does the "F" at the end signify anything?

I know this isn't a black diamond or a real high grade variant. I think it is just a field gun. Are there any run of the mill variants produced at that time worth significantly more than others?

I know there are probably a few experts on here that know the model 12 production models inside and out.

Best group on the web

Check out shotgun world on the web for the most knowledgeable group of Model 12 collectors. Look under the I love my Winchester sub forum.

The model 12 is very challenging for the collector. All the factory records were lost in a fire decades ago. It's the opinion of many that the Model 12 is the most dangerous to a collectors pocketbook. More fakes than the real thing esp. in the higher grades and the unusual gauges. Even one of the "famous" authors of books on the Model 12 has been proven to have sold less than original guns.

Honest carry wear is the most difficult (some say impossible) thing to fake. Be very very wary of NIB guns.

Back