mod 94 Winchester

goandemailme

Inactive
Help!!
I own over 30 guns and got my first 94 this week. I feel like such an idiot because I have 2 simple questions that are most likely insulting to all here!

1. Why cant I top off the mag. tube feed? I know that to load it the round cant be put all the way in, before the next is loaded. But how do you top off after firing only 2 rounds?

2. No book came with the gun, and it has a safety on it. All my takedown books have the older non safety guns in it and I am really afraid to start to strip it! I have taken out the filler screw and drove out the pin but the gun seems to hang up afer that, and I dont want to push the issue and break anything. So all help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has the step by step takedown for the safety can they e-mail a scan of it?

Thanks for wasting all of your time, answering stupid cherry questions.
John

George
Already contacted them and they stated the book has all the info. I informed them that the only thing in it was to run a brush and patch down the bore and it would be fine. This the operator stated was all that they recomend at this time.

I just like to really strip down all my guns to give a good cleaning to them. But they stated that it was not advised.

You should be able to load a round into the magazine, let the loading gate go shut, then press the front of the gate with the side of the bullet of the next round, load it, and so on. Topping off is done the same way. The problem is probably roughness on the inside of the loading gate, often a problem with the stamped ones. Depressing the gate should move the rearmost cartridge in the magazine forward so the bullet of the next round can contact the base of the rear round and push it forward.

If it does not work that way, the inside of the loading gate may need some stoning to smooth it up.

Jim

P.S. I do not advise stripping that Model 94 unless necessary. It is not meant to be taken apart every half hour for the fun of it, and it does not have to be taken apart for cleaning. Winchester is correct.

JEK

Back