• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Mobile login

littlmak

How do I login when I'm on the road with a different computer? ( laptop )I've tried signing up with a different screen name and password but my E-mail address remains the same and that prevents my alternate log in. If this is possible, will it work for THR too?

Last edited:
Well, first of all, I trust you understand that multiple registrations are prohibited (please read the Forum Rules again - rule #1). The same is true at THR.

What kind of problem do you have when you login anywhere with your current username and password? Why do you feel the need to use an alternate username?

Be sure cookies are enabled on the mobile system.

I tried to login with my laptop on the road but it wouldn't let me. I assume it's because of some kind of ID individual machines have, like a cell phone. So I tried to register under a different name but keep my E-mail address but that didn't work either. I thought maybe there was something I could change in my registration to allow me to log in on either machine.

Nope, ain't a machine problem ... an operator issue. I use mine at various locales w/o problem. For this site and any other. And, log in from other folk's computers at various lacations. It's a website, it doesn't matter what the computer is. The Firing Line should work on the road as well as Google or Yahoo or ............!

williamd speaks true. I, like him, have never had a problem logging in with a laptop on the road.

Again, what kind of problem are you seeing?

... it wouldn't let me
What is "it" (your computer?, the website?), and what is the form of the message/blockage?

I'll give it another try here at home, but I think it said something to the effect that There was already someone with my name and/or password registered and I needed to try another to register. Operator error is a very real possibility. I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Well, nevermind. This time it let me login and I hit the remember me box so I should be set to go next trip. Thanks for the responses.

Good. What I think might have happened previously is that you pressed the "Register" button by mistake instead of entering your existing name and password in the upper right corner. Possible?

Back