MN 91/30 7" barrel SBR video

PTK

Note that this is legally registered per the 1934 NFA.

This is my SBR'd MN 91/30 with a 7" barrel. I finally got to take some video today of a friend shooting it and I thought I'd share. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFsUvh078I

Attachments

• mn9130sbr1.jpg
    mn9130sbr1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,830
  • mn9130sbr2.jpg
    mn9130sbr2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,500
Dont care what you do to your rifles, BUT I must ask why?

I am on dial up, so I will have to wait to see the video.:(

Dont care what you do to your rifles, BUT I must ask why?

I wanted a copy of what has been recovered from Jewish resistance fighters in WWII and what certain Russians had used earlier than that. $70 rifle (non matching numbers, beat up already) and $200 tax stamp. To me, a fun toy. :D

Also, the video is only 11 seconds long, it doesn't take long to download even on dial-up.

That doesn't look as painful as I imagined. I'm unfamiliar with the NFA rules, but could you drop that barreled receiver in another unmodified stock without any additional paperwork?

AmesJainchill

I made it how I wanted it. :)

Hedley

As it's registered as a short barreled rifle, I could put a full stock on it, yes.

That doesn't look as painful as I imagined. I'm unfamiliar with the NFA rules, but could you drop that barreled receiver in another unmodified stock without any additional paperwork?
As an SBR, yes he could.

AmesJainchill

I made mine to look much like the few photographed recoveries from WWII that the Jews used against the Nazis. I haven't weighed it, nor have I tried to fire it one handed. The way it is, firing one handed would put both the triggerguard and the cocking knob into your hand. No thanks! :D

If you're ever in Colorado, contact me and you can be the first to fire it one handed.

I'd be interested how far out that thing is accuracy wise... does a round even get a full twist down the barrel? Can't remember the rifling specs on a MN...

Actually, what you want is to do some gelatin testing on this thing at short range, see how well the round actually does out of such a short tube.
I saw pictures of the Israeli Mosins, never thought I'd see someone actually do that themselves, thank you. One peice of history into another.

Back