MMC adjustable night sites?

tobeat1

Hey guys/gals--- anyone have any experiance with mmc's adjustable night sites? Good, bad?

------------------
"peace, love, joy, and happiness..."

Not their night sights, but I have a set of their "Black" sights on my 1911. Built like a brick. Work well, good sight picture. I am building another 1911 (new slide on an old frame) and I think that I will be using their "Night Sights". FWIW :cool:

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Same here! Put the plain black on my STI IDPA gun and they are the best I've used so far. Thinking about having the nite sites put on my Officers size.

Mikey

In a word: Superb. I have installed them on a Smith .40 and a Glock 19. Worked great, and being adjustable is a real plus for .40 cals when you have such a wide range of bullet weights and varying points of impact.

------------------
Mossyrock
Curmudgeon In Training

In my opinion, they reach the limit of $ for the market price of a set of sights. Their price is unusually high in comparison to the other brands. That said, they are a great sight: a)No snag, b) Adjustable available, c) Wide rear notch for quick acquisition, d) Highest number of tritium options.

They are the only ones that I know of that make an adjustable classic Sig Sauer bar-dot as well as a nice box-dot design. The wide notch, adjustability option, and overall quality make them the best all around handgun sight in my opinion.

If you want a simple non adjustable, 3 dot design I'd save my money and go with one of the other makers. I think you'd get more for your money. Nevertheless, I don't think that your throwing away $ on any of them if you want those features.

PS: If you get a set, make sure that they are going to be compatable with the sight cut in your existing slide. I believe they take the Bomar rear dovetail cut. The company will steer you in the right direction. If you want a great smith to work on your weapon, I can recommend Wayne Novak of Parkersburg, WV. Just don't ask him to install the MMCs. According to someone on his staff, they "copied" his design. ;)

robert

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Well,

If you look at the MMC design, it sure does look like they "copied" Novak's sight. Only difference is the adjustability.

BTW, it appears that Les Baer is installing MMCs on a great number of his guns.

Back