Missing your CCW permit

Duxman

Gentlemen, My company has me travelling in a foriegn land. No weapons allowed (or illegal drugs for that matter.....both have severe penalties...death in most cases). And although the culture and the food here is fantastic, I am missing those days where I can walk out in the American Freedom, and have the comfort of 1.5 pounds of steel and polymer on my hip.

So the Q is: What is the longest time you had to go WITHOUT carrying your weapon concealed? (After you got your permit) :eek:

When I was in GA:

About a total of 179 days at a time, with a return to the States for 4 months and then back to play in the sand. Combined total of about 537 days (1.47 years).

I soon left the military after that, was tired of going and with my career field full of ladies who always got pregnent right before their turn :( :mad: so us men (about 230 out of the 460 (I guess half)) had almost immediant rotations.

Wayne

In GA you don't need a permit to carry; you need a license to conceal it. Georgia is a state that would give anyone with out a domestic violence conviction or a conviction for a felony a license to carry.
When I was in CT I had a permit also. I have never been told I was not able to carry a gun do to licensing issues or any other legal issues.
I would never live in a state that infringed on my rights.

So the answer to the question is 0 days, as long I can control it I will never not have a gun on me.
I never once let my driver’s license, gun license, car insurance or anything I need to have my rights to drive or carry a gun be suspended.

No, I meant GA the state. The question posed was "Missing your CCW permit."

True, GA is an open carry state. Yet when I wasn't in GA, I missed having my gun on me, concealed, while I was doing everyday business.

So I was just answering the original question.. :)

Wayne

Blind Tree Frog,

Not a problem, I could have been more specific. I was deployed to Saudi at Prince Sultan three times in a two year period while I was stationed at Moody AFB, Georgia and had a CCW for the state :).

Wayne

I got my carry permit at 18. Fill out the forms, pay, wait, and here ya go.
Later, I moved to the Chicago area.
Quite a difference.

So, after getting accustomed to the crazy idea of being able to protect myself, I spent seven years missing it. They say some things aren't appreciated until they're gone. I appreciated it before, but it really stung not to have it.
I moved to Indiana on a Saturday, and was in the P.D. applying for my permit Monday morning.

Back