Misplaced molds

Vance

So today I wanted to cast with the second mold I ever bought and started to panic when I couldn't find it. Turns out I had removed it from the handles to use with a different mold and put it in a little cubby hole for safe keeping. It is a MP 359 - 125 rf hollow point.

Hope I don't try to lose it again.

So here is a photo of this bullet coated with glossy black and machine grey from Eastwood. The grey sized easier than the black

look good, I like the grey. if the grey sized easier than the black, I assume the black is probably coating better then.

nevermind, those are too pretty to be tumble lubed.

Actually, the grey covered better than the black. The black one has a very small thin spot in the coating on the side you can't see. But the grey is very uniform. The grey just feels slicker. I use an electrostatic spray gun to apply. I tried tumbling and it worked fine, but I like the ultra smooth look of the sprayed ones better. The black also stinks way more during both application and baking than any of the other colors I have tried. Yes, I wear a dust mask during application.

Last edited:
Makes my heart flutter & I tear all the cabinets apart until it`s found !!

My wife stopped ribbin me `bout "lost another 1 huh??" when I gave her the LOOK while lookin for a 358156 HP mold.

Good lookin bullets & PCin.

Back