Minnesota Competitive Shooting

443dds

Inactive
I recently got into pistols and spent a fair amount of time with my Walther P22 over the last couple years. I sold that to a family member and bought a Glock 19 for myself just a few months ago. I've put about 300 rounds into the Glock and am loving it, but I'm hoping to get into some organized events to change pace.

I *really* like the idea of the IDPA matches (although I've never seen one; I've only read short summaries). What I'm unclear on is the rules about concealment and what defines an 'open concealment garment'. Specifically, I'm 5'4" and weigh in at about 115lbs. (Read: scrawny.) It is going to be tough for me to completely conceal my G19 even with a vest, but I haven't tried honestly.

Assuming I accomplish that task, can anyone recommend a place to shoot in the Twin Cities (northish side as I'm in Maple Grove) that will take me in as a complete newcomer to competitive shooting/tactical shooting?

Thanks,
Rocky

IDPA Affiliated Clubs in MN
1 Northwestern Gun Club
msa.cc/

Duluth, MN
USA
Marty Le Rette
marma@sprynet.com
Home: 218-729-1579
Work: same

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Twin Cities I D P A
www.twincitiesidpa.com

East Bethel & Robbinsdale, MN
USA
Robert E. Jahn
rjahn@twincitiesidpa.com
Home: 763-497-6922
Michael D. Baca
mbaca@twincitiesidpa.com
Work: ext. New Member Coordinator
Mobile: 612-802-9380

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club

Faribault, MN
USA
Leo Dwyer
Home: 507-334-8974

4 Itasca Gun Club

Grand Rapids, MN
USA
Conley Janssen
Home: 281-244-2841

5 Minnetonka Game and Fish
www.mgfc-action-shooting.org/idpa/index1.html

St. Francis, MN
USA
Kurt Zuehlke
idpakurt@gmail.com
Mobile: 952-212-9792
Jack Smith

Also try the USPSA matches in the Minneapolis and St Cloud areas. I shot the SCAPSA match today and had a blast. You can look them up online at SCAPSA.org and MNMAPSA.org

Back