Minie balls

oldknotty

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good source for minie balls ,I prefer to buy rather than cast my own for now :-)
Thanks

Track of the Wolf. Type in the cal. in the search box. I think they run $14.00 per 25. They cast them from Lyman dies, so if you find the one that works for you and decide it is much cheaper to cast your own you would know what die to order. They have different dia. dies so you need to figure out the size you need. Or this guy will cast just about anything you want:

Pat Kaboskey

S80 W30650 Meadowlark Circle

Mukwonago WI 53149

cwbulletman@aol.com

(262) 363-4625

Track of the Wolf sells good Minies but they aren't cheap.

For the cost of a Lyman lead melter pot, a mold, and 60 lbs of pure lead from Buffalo Bullets, you can be casting these for $0.16 cents a piece vs. buying from Track for about $0.60 shipped.

I don't cast but if I had me a rifled musket I'd certainly take it up if I was going to shoot it a piece. You'll save a lot of money this way!

Go over to Cast Boolits . . .

http://castboolits.gunloads.com

Go to the Swapping/Selling forum - at the top is a Want To Buy WTB

You have to be a member to post and there are some requirements I believe as far as the minimum posts you must have before posting in the WTB WTS - at any rate - easy to join. They also have a muzzle loading forum. Someone there may be ably to help you out with some?

Back