Mini-30 accessories ???

Charlie

Inactive
Bought a Mini-30 2 weeks ago it seemed to fit the requirments that I had, now I need some: 1- high cap mags
2- better sight's (factory's suck)
3- recoil pad
4- scope rings (see through type)
5- mussel brake?

Any advise would be very helpfull, Thanks

I've been through this song and dance with my Mini-30. So I can help some.

1. Hi-cap mags are readily avalible from most mail order outfits. Most of these will be aftermarket stuff from companies like USA. Not the best in the world, but they do work.
2. Better sights. I'm going to jump to the conclusion you have a ranch rifle since the factory sights on the standard model are pretty good. If it is a ranch rifle, I'd suggest going with a low power scope. Trust me on this, I've tried just about every replacement sight there is for the ranch model and none of them were worth the money. If it is the standard model, Brownell's sell replacement rear apatures. Replacement front sights are almost always part of a flash hider.
3. Recoil pad. Choate makes a nice pad/extention for the Minis. You can get the same pad from Cheaper Than Dirt for half the price. The CTD pads may be seconds since they don't fit perfectly, but they are very good. My rifle sports the CTD pad.
4. See Thru scope rings. Weaver makes these to fit the Ruger intregal scope mounts on the ranch version. Midway carries them.
5. Muzzle brake/Flash hider. Check Brownell's they have several good ones to choose from and most will have a good replacement front sight as part of the unit. By all means AVOID the slip on type that goes over the factory front sight base. They are big, ugly and totally useless.

My own Mini-30 Ranch rifle has the following mods:
CTD butt pad
Bushnell 1.5 X4.5 scope (cheap, but practical)
Eagle flash hider with the front sight removed. FYI: I took the front sight off because with a low power scope it made a shadow on the lens. The Eagle works well because the sight comes off with two small screws.

Hope this helps and I really hope I saved you some of the time and money that went into fixing up mine.

Sorry Charlie! (couldn't resist that! :)) I don't get a whole lot of time to play on the internet. This is the only board I post on.
Glad to be of help.

Back