Mini 14 with a Tapco Stock and a custom made Bullet Button legal?

Adeodatus

Hey guys. So I went out on Black Friday and bought myself a mini 14 ranch rifle.
(She is beautiful, 18.5 inch barrel, blued, wood stock, 5 round mag)

I also discovered the Tapco Fusion stock for the mini 14 on the internet and I fell in love ;)

So obviously this stock has the evil features here in California :mad:.

I have been looking at the mini 14 blueprints and my mini I picked up a few hours ago and I believe I have found a way to apply a custom bullet button that I could make and Install with ease.

Now, is this legal?

evil stock + custom bb + mini 14 + California = legal?

This would defiantly turn heads at the range. Just dont want to get GTFO'd or check into a gray bar hotel.

The only way I see that you could be assured of being in legal compliance is to obtain a letter from the CA Attorney General, stateing that you are. And be aware that later down the road, you might become a criminal, if the AG office changes their mind.

Gun laws, (and their enforcemnt) in CA are some of the most convoluted in the nation, and many times gun owners following the laws have found themselves arrested, and charged because some official has their own interpretation.

I would strongly recommend that you obtain official sanction BEFORE you make any changes to your firearm.

The magazine still has to be a 10 rnd mag, in order to stay 100% legal 100% of the time.

In other news, the OP couldn't wait, found CalGuns and posted the same stuff there. Um, in short order, he was corrected.

Back