mini 14 mags

stinx

I was at a local gunstore on Saturday.I noticed they had 30/40 round PMI mags still in the plastic for the Mini 14. Has anyone ever used PMI magazines? the price was $35

I ONLY use PMI mags in my mini. They are one of the three best manufacturers of hicap mini mags. And they are the cheapest of the three. Go for it.

which leads to the question:
What are the other two of your top three?

I'm guessing Ruger is one of them? Thermold another?

With factory mags marked at $100, what do you think would be a reasonable price for new thermolds for the mini-14?

I like Ruger factory and PMC.

Good question, what's the third good maker of magazines Gino?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

The third mag that is really good is the Madsen mag. You can tell the Madson mags cause they have a curved mag floor plate, just like the Ruger factory ones. There are no markings that identify them as Madsen mags. I don't see many Madsen mags down here in Florida, but the guys on the Mini 14 list say they are almost as good as the Ruger factory ones. I see the PMI mags much more frequently than Ruger factory mags, and they are usually 1/3 the price, so that's what I stick with. (and been very happy with)

I didn't include the Thermold mags cause I don't know (or hear) anything about them.

I have some thermolds for the mini. I've used a couple, but not enough to draw conclusions. I posted a WTK question on mini-thermold selling price on a couple other boards, didn't get much response. I guess there aren't too many out there!

That's good for me! ;)

Have had good luck with federal, if you can find them, and very good luck with precision mag out of kalifornia LA area, just check follower with thumb and make sure it is smooth at top, a buddy and I have tested at least 20, 30 round mags of precision and they all worked. Had bad luck with usa, had a machine shop weld more material on back lock to pull mag into gun higher and 20 rounds will work out of this 30 (beter than none as was before) too much money to mess with machine shop. At last (no pun intended) great western I only saw 4 precision mags, so good luck in your search.

were would be some good places to find these mags online

------------------
oneshotonekill

I bought 4 PMI 20 round blue magazines NIW for 29.95 plus shipping in august from S.W.F.A. in DeSoto,Texas. Their phone number is 972-223-0500.Their web site is www.riflescopes.com.They also advertise in Gunlist and Shotgun News and gave me great service.They told me they had cases of them hope they still have some.

Back