mini 14 barrels

Matt

Brownells offers a shilen drop in heavy barrel for the mini 14,is this something a skilled homebuilder can do?Do i HAVE to send it to a smith? I really want to"do it my self",the weapon holds great sentimental value(first gun my wife bought me)& so far i've done all the "tweakin"myself.the barrel itself appears to be stock size to the end of the stock,then flare out,is this any benefit?(dont get me wrong,it looks cool,so i may drop a couple of bills just for "trick of the month factor", but if it works,that's really cool!)I know others have asked 'bout these in the past,but i haven't found any results in posts!?!P.S. i know it's only a p.o.s.mini,but i got lucky and this one is fairly accurate,and i'd love to freak out my "ar" buddys!I already own a colt AR,so please don't tell me to invest in another rifle,I'm tryin to build the "9 second volkswagon bettle"if you know what i mean.
thanks AGAIN,
matt
tauber1@ hotmail.com

One more dumb queation...dose ANYONE make a bullpup stock that works?,Got a few bucks to drop this month,and you KNOW where it's going!!!!

Matt, remembering that dropin parts are rarely drop-in, you should be able to replace the barrel yourself. I'd invest in a set of headspace gages to check it with or have it checked after you install it but I know of more than one mini owner who has done this successfully. I beleive Brownells also carries the stock you want. George

Back