Milsurp Bayonet Storage

DennisCA

Over the past few years, I've collected a few milsurp bayonets but really didn't have a place to store them (besides sticking them in a box). So yesterday I came up with this:

siBn6M.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the initial version - improvements to come later but for right now this will work.

So what do you think?

Dennis that will keep them off the floor and easy to get to but I like the peg board idea as noted above, plus then you could get a label maker and I.D. them.
Good first start!

I have always used the cheap tie racks with the swiveling hooks that you always get in office Secret Santa deals or on Father's Day.:D

I have a fairly good collection of US Surplus rifles, ranging through the Krag, to the M16A1 and M2.

I have correct bayonets for each. Many I ordered from the CMP. As all know, the CMP uses FedEx for shipping. Being a small town, we get the same FedEx driver who pretty much knows everyone.

Her son also is a CMP Customer so she has an idea what the package may contain based on the packages her son gets.

She was delivering one of my bayonets and asked how I displayed them. I told her I put them on the rifles and stuck them into the ceiling.

She was flabbergasted. Took me serious until she caught the wife in town and asked her. Wife told her it "ain't happening". But it was a good joke for a while.

I'd like a wall display on Pegboard but space available means I'm looking for a map cabinet. At least they are all tagged to identify what they are and which rifle they fit.

Just an odd idea outside the box, even though I don't know your space constraints. What if you picked up a curio cabinet or a used china hutch, convert it by putting pegboard on the "back wall" of that cabinet. Then you could display your collection rather then stashing them in a closet, in a sense, you could come out of the closet:D.

old wooden ammo crates are my favorite way to store bayonets when they are not on display and when I display them I like the old wooden table gun show style display all laid out on a old table , sometimes I put burlap sacks on the table or use military shelter half with the bayonets laid on top

I never like hanging them on the wall, it just doesnt look right to me, doesnt look military hanging on the wall, looks better on a display table or old wooden shelf.

Shuvlrider, I've seen an armoire adapted for a cartridge collection, guy built trays on cleat runners, had several thousand rounds in there, all numbered to a list, on cotton pads. Should be a good idea for bayonet trays.

Back