Millet Revolver sights

Alleycat

Has anyone tried the Millet adjustables on their revolver? I really like the idea of that big blade vs the small blade on stock SW adjustables.

Steve

All of my serious Smith & Wesson "target" revolvers get Millet's and have for years. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with them.

The Millett blade is bigger, but is the notch any bigger? And does the blade have any goofy outlines or other distractions on it?

I would gladly buy several sets of Millett sights if they gave a Bomar sight picture.

The BOMAR style sight picture is exactly what I'm after. I've meant to try this for a long time, and finally ordered one from Brownell's yesterday while, once again, spending way too much money. Remember the Sears Christmas catalog when you were a kid?

Anyway, couldn't wait, so posted here. It should be here Saturday or Monday, and I'll let y'all know.

Anyone hate 'em?

Steve

I just called Millett and a salesman told me that the notch in the rear blade of the "Target" sight for a S&W N-frame measures 0.090" deep by 0.125" wide. I'll have to measure to see how that compares with the original S&W sights.

BTW, just last night I was shooting indoors with my old K-38 and I was having a hard time staying focused. Outdoors, there's usually enough light, but indoors, keeping those little S&W sights looking clear and crisp is a struggle.

Alleycat,

I've got Millet sights on a few of my Dan Wesson and S&W revolvers. Good quality stuff and the large rear blade is nice for target shooting. The click adjustments are much more positive and repeatable.

However... if the original sights had not been damaged or in need of replacement, I could have been just as happy with the factory units.

Guess what I'm saying is, it you have a need to replace the sight, Millett makes a great unit, but on the other hand... if it's isn't broke, don't "fix" it.

Good Luck...

Joe

"All of my serious Smith & Wesson "target" revolvers get Millet's and have for years."

Just retrofitted a set to a M629 after refusing to give S&W an outrageous amount of money for a stock replacement.

Know what? 'Gunslinger' is correct [again!]...they make a great product and I'm converted. ;)

All my S&W's are fitted with Millets---it's the first thing I do to a new gun.I prefer them for all the reasons already given and because the picture is the same no matter if you adjust them---the S&W sight moves across the sight base and can look out of kilter sometimes.

Arrived yesterday--looks great--had to shorten the scrw, though, as it contacted the cylinder. Heading to the range later today!

Steve

Follow-up:

Yep, work, look great--much better than stock. Now I have to find the $$ to outfit the rest of 'em!

Steve

I broke down and ordered a Millett adjustable "Target" rear sight for my S&W 625.

The sight picture has definitely improved, with a bigger notch and a plain, serrated blade, but I can't get the sight to adjust down far enough. It won't screw down enough to "bottom out" in the frame cutout.

I guess I'll have to start shooting at 100 yards so my groups will be on target. ;)

Gee, I had no trouble with mine. Did you get the correct part #? They come in several different blade heights to accommodate different models, barrel lengths, etc.

Love mine! Watch that attachment screw, though!

Steve

I got the 0.360" blade which should be correct for a 5" 625. It would work, I think, if the sight would adjust all the way down.

Back