Militec

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
At shot I remember talking to a fellow hawking his wares - He was pushing another gun oil called Militec.

"Have you tried Militec?"
"No. Never heard of it."
He smiled wide and went into a sales speach...
I interupted him, "What is in it?"
"Well, it is a metal conditioner... it forms a molecular bond to the..."
"But whats in it?"
"Forms bonds - Conditioner..."
"but whats in the oil?"
"here, have a sample..."
"Thanks."

The fellow didnt know what it was - but he tried hard and was very nice. I took the oil. After examining it and trying it... I think I know whats in it. BREAK FREE.
Well - anyways - this stuff is slick and does a good job. I tried it on my 1911s and I think its good stuff. At least it isnt runny like Rem Oil. Its thicker... and slicker. As to the metal conditioner - I dont know. But this stuff isnt bad. I will have to compair it to regular Break Free when I get a chance.
http://www.militec-1.com/

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

George

I don't think it's the same stuff as breakfree, no teflon in suspension and as you say it has a different consistency. I don't know what is in it either but it did seem to make the Hi-Power easier to clean (yep, I took the free sample as well).

I've used it before. It's main advantage is that it comes in those real neat, teeny-tiny bottles. Great for the field or range.

I've come the same path on lubes as I have on preferred load: I no longer care what's in it. If it seems to do the job its good enough. The key: lube as needed; shoot as required! No need to overdo either. ;)
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited January 27, 2000).]

Rich - I must disagree.
You cant over do the shooting part.
Well - 6000 rounds in one day may be excessive. :D

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

George
That depends on what you're shooting :D
A Minigun with 6000 rounds wouldn't last very long @ 2-3000rds/min. or perhaps a chain gun if you really want to dispose of that obnoxious excess mountain of ammo quickly :cool:

Back