• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Military Firearms Forum?

JackFlash

OK, FNG here . . . I like the site, but I wonder about discussion of military firearms. Mausers, Mosins, SKS, AK, Makarov, Tokarov . . . that sort of stuff.

Lots of other military forum sites, but The Firing Line seems to attract a more knowledgable crew.

That's good. Lots of military arms discussion on "The Art Of The Rifle" . . .

Next question is, how do I make "Senior Member" ??? Is it number of posts or time in office???

No way 15 posts! I think I've probably posted 15 today alone. I'll just keep posting and see what happens.

Great site BTW!

OTOH . . . I just gained senior status!

[This message has been edited by JackFlash (edited July 11, 2000).]

The idea of a Military forum has its merit and the final Yes or No decision has not been made. We even went so far as to select a moderator for it. High level Marine Officer I believe it was. However - consideration had to be given to the discussion of Classified topics, such as system capabilities that go beyond a mear soldier's trusty rifle. These considerations have put a hold on this subject for the time being. Also - should this be granted, it would set presedence for specialized forums such as one for Law Enforcement etc... while that also has merit - it also has a huge can of worms with it. These problems are also of a classified nature while not being actually classified. Such as police training standards and proceedures. Things we feel would not be in the best interest of the LEO's safety should it become open and public knowledge. (Yes, I know it's already public for the most part, but ease of access to the info is the key there) Considerations for Private code-locked forums was discussed and killed within seconds. Open Forums are for the good of the people - thats why we are here. These Specialized forums are best handled at such sites as TacticalForums.com where such specialties are better housed.

Back