Mil-Dot Scope

TheBear

Hi guys,

im looking for a good Mil-Dot scope with fixed 6x magnification. Im not looking for the super-cheap way out but dont wont to spend much more then 500$ also.
I need it for pest control up to 100 yards with a high powered .25 pcp Airgun (bullet trajectory like a thrown rock...).

You are definitely on the right track to use a Mil Dot scope, particularly for the range you have in mind. I know you mentioned fixed power, but I wanted to say I absolutely LOVE my Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x scope I have on my .177 cal Daystate Harrier PCP gun.

With my gun anyway, I would never think of trying to shoot accurately (and deadly) beyond maybe 40 to 50 yards. Hope you find something that works for you.

scope

I know nothing about PCP air rifles.......seems like I read that some air rifles can be hard on scopes due to the recoil/spring pulse. Not sure how that applies in your situation.

For $500 bucks, you can buy a lot of fixed 6x scope. If a conventional scope will work on your rifle, you can pick up a used Leupold M8 FX-2 6x in the $225 range. A new FX-3 6x will run about $400. Leupold Custom Shop install a mil-dot in either for about $75 bucks.

Bamaranger is right that spring airgun mechanisms are hard on scopes. I think you should be OK with the compressed air operated rifle, but double-check with the maker and see if any of the airgun sellers have scopes designed for airguns that fit your description.

Its not like i absolutely want a fixed power scope but isnt it true that a mildot reticle doesnt really work with variable magnification?

Its not like i absolutely want a fixed power scope but isnt it true that a mildot reticle doesnt really work with variable magnification?

The scope works obviously, and you can dial it in at any yardage, however, for range estimating purposes one needs to be at a specific magnification, usually the maximum.

Back