Mil- Comm TW25B grease

chadio

So, many years ago, I bought a toothpaste tube of this Mil-Comm TW25B.

Is it the best thing since sliced bread? Maybe not, but it is certainly the butter. Every single semi - auto hand gun or long gun that I own, seems to like this stuff.... Cycling the action after application to the sliding surfaces, my rigs feel like buddah!!! Glassy ball bearings.... oh so smooth..

There are a bazillion lubes out there, for different applications, temp ranges, etc.

Side note - my SKS (in warm weather) loves moly automotive grease. Cold? Hoppy oil.

May you find the magic potion, may your actions feel like buddah :)

p.s. I will try to submit a photo of the goop in the container soon.....

I was visiting a family friend in Kearny, NJ one time, and that is right outside of Newark, where the Lubriplate factory used to be (may still be there for all I know), and I picked up a 1 gallon jug of the stuff for my AR years back. 11 years ago IIRC. Still haven’t even dug into a quarter of its volume.

I am on a Tetra Gun kick right now for my firearms. All of them aside from my AR and M1 Garand. They get the Lubriplate. Talk about “Buddah”, its butter going on, and butter in the gliding of the metal parts. Smells butt-turrible if left unattended in the locked safe for a dog’s age, or after a day at the range burning from the burnt powder and gases. But worth it. The metal surfaces have never looked so good or well-cared-for.

Back