Mike Irwin S&W ???

Hawkman

Mike, (or anyone else; Mike is a living storehouse of S&W info :D )

Did S&W ever make a J or K frame in .45acp?

Thanks for any info.

Hawkman

I'm not the expert that Mike is, but I still feel safe saying no, S&W has never made a J-frame or K-frame in .45 ACP.

Several years ago there was a guy who made a very few K-frames in 45 ACP. I think that I read about them in American Handgunner.

Phew. You scared me there. I thought you were going to reveal that I have been bashing S&W publically while purchasing new S&W handguns direct from the factory...

Oh damn... :)

Ok, all kidding aside, no, Smith & Wesson has never made a J or K frame .45.

The largest caliber ever factory chambered in a J-frame is .38 Spl./.357 Mag. and in a K-frame there MAY have been a very few chambered, in the early early days, in .41 Long Colt, but the .41 Long Colt uses .38-caliber bullets...

Maxwayne: I believe you are thinking of Spokhandguns' 5-shot K-frame conversion in .45 Colt. And before anyone gets too excited, they soon backed off to .44 Special K-frame conversions. The early '80s prices struck me as high back then, and I can't imagine what they'd cost today.

Thanks for the responses. A friend of mine was looking for something like that, and I did not think it existed, but I wanted to be sure.

And, no, Mike, I have no info on your activities with S&W - I just remembered the time you posted the entire history of frame sizes and model numbers on Compuserve. I was awestruck that anyone had taken the time to figure that maze out! :D

Hawkman,

Who are you? What did you go by on CIS? Always glad to see another refugee here.

As for the frame-size information, figuring it out was easy. Figuring out how to open the book to read the information, now that was the tough part! :)

I've posted that information here a number of times, as well.

Labor of love (with a big dash of hate thrown in these days, unfortunatly).

Big G,

I have no clue what you're dropping this evening, but I know that I don't want any.

Monkeyleg,

The only way I would agree to it would be if it had a frame engraving -- taken from the real life event -- of me running a certain former S&W CEO through a milling machine.

Mike, _that_ S&W I'd pay to buy.

Sorry if C.R. Sam got the wrong impression of my reply. There's certain members of TFL (Mike Irwin, Lawdog, Tamara, ArmySon, George H., Bluesman, and others) whose opinions are more than clear and whose hides seem to be impenetrable. It's safer to lob a well-intentioned joke their way than to put one in the lap of a new member who isn't as steeped in his beliefs.

That's not to imply, of course, that any of the forementioned are opinionated. ;)

No Monkeyleg, I was admiring your post and reveling in the outrageousness of it. Good shot sir. I too was wonderin what was up when I opened the thread.

Sam....I may be old but at least......darn, I forgot.

P.S....lob one my way and I'll pull the pin and lob it back.:D

Monkeyleg,

My hide's not inpenetrable, but I am so fat that it's like having on full body armor all the time...

Hey, put the spear gun down...

Mike,

I just used my name on CServe, Pete Rockett

That was a good bunch of guys, I see several of the names on the membership list here.

I still e-mail Vince Pinto every now and then to see if the commies have picked his subversive butt up yet.:)

Hawkman!

I think I remember you from CIS...retired 105 driver or some such, wasn't it?

How is CIS doing with the Republican administration and the new AG's actions? I'll bet they are having fits. I left when they discontinued the Firearms Forum and have occasionally wondered how things are doing there.

Hey, Frosty!

It was the F-4 - you've got a good memory!

I left cis after they cut out the firearms forum. My only contact now is a cis e-mail account that I use for travel. It interfaces with my PalmVx and has worldwide login numbers. No matter where i am I can communicate with my office on the cheap.

Good to see you!

Pete

Pete! I remember you well.

And this is really wierd, but I was thinking about Vince the other day, and wondering what the heck he's doing with himself.

Can I have his e-mail, please?

Back