MiHec .44 Terminator

Beagle333

Made quite a pile of these today. Used nearly a whole pot (ProMelt). Half round HP, half penta HP. This oughta keep my 44 six shooter happy for a while.
These also are as-cast, so I haven't culled yet. You might see wrinkles or round bases, so don't get too excited. ;) This is one continuous run from first pour until the last. They are going to be gas checked, so I can run these with some authority.

EA3BACF2-4DC5-4140-9C0E-BB665543DE10_zps3pnit7rc.jpg

They should force expansion to occur along the five corners. Will look like a 5-sided banana half-opened, assuming the alloy isn't brittle enough for the petals to break off.

Ive seem some great results from those penta holler points. But man the lead hardness has to be very specific to work. To specific for me to persue.

Chainsaw,

Not hard to come up with a suitable alloy for the penta points. You just need to keep the antimony content low and the tin content high.

Don

attachment.php

The bullets are about 8 BHN. The .45 caliber bullet on the left is 224gr and came out of my Gold Cup at about 800fps. The .38 caliber penta point in the center came out of my 2.5 inch snubbie at 845 fps. And the .38 caliber bullet on the right came out of the same 2.5 inch snubbie at 945 fps.

Don

Back