Midway Has Electronic Ear Muffs on Sale

maxwayne

Just heard on the S&W board that Midway has Caldwell electronic muffs for $29.00. I just ordered a pair as it seemed like a good price.

Took them to the range on Sunday. There were 2 other guys about 50 yards away and I could hear every work that they said, it was strange. They didn't muffle the shot as much as I thought they would. There was no pain or ringing, it was just louder than I expected.

The Peltor Tac7's are one sale right now too, I think they are $79 (regular $119, think I paid $129 or $139 5 or 6 years ago). They are great, just remove the muffs, invert & reinstall thin side down (it's hard to shoot a rifle or shotgun with thick muffs, the buttstock knocks'em off yer ears).

I grabbed a pair of these a few weeks ago. I haven't used them on the range yet, but my only real complaint in trying them around the house is that after it mutes the sound, there is a delay of about 3 seconds before it unmutes. So I imagine if you're trying to talk to someone on a range, they won't do you much good as electronic muffs if shooting is still going on around you.

But for the price, they seem decent.

Back