MidSouth has lots of powder this morning

houndgawg said:
nice joke - 3 full pages of all brands including pistol and shotgun. Made me look though. welcome to my ignore list

Are you saying you didn’t see powder in stock?

Use the “in stock” filter and it shows 88 different powders. Mostly rifle but a few popular pistol powders.

They do have a number of powders right now, but only about a quarter of their normal in-stock variety level. All their Shooter's World powder is gone. Surprised to see that.

just looked again, 87 powders. Mostly Accurate and mostly pistol and shotgun. No Shooters world, no norma, Hogdon mostly pistol and shotgun, 1 VV. Not what I would call pages of powders.

Wow someone’s bitter about the shortage

What shortage? I have enough powder and primers to last at least 12 months, probably more. I have even sold/traded some to friends at no profit. I simply have a low tolerance for BS posts. Less than 3 pages of mostly pistol and shotgun is not pages and pages of powders

Last edited:
What shortage? I have enough powder and primers to last at least 12 months, probably more. I have even sold/traded some to friends at no profit. I simply have a low tolerance for BS posts. Less than 3 pages of mostly pistol and shotgun is not pages and pages of powders

I’ve got three years worth of powder as well. But since i mostly shoot handguns, it’s mostly handgun and pistol powder. Many of those newly available at Midsouth have been in low supply for months, so what the OP shared is actually helpful for those doing a lot of handgun reloading. I’m guessing you’re more of a rifle guy so for your particular needs this information may be less important.
News flash: the world doesn’t revolve around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News flash: the world doesn’t revolve around you.

many acclaimed astronomers would disagree

I can go to any local gun store and find most, and in some places all, of those powders on the shelf. When you are using 3 - 6 gns of powder vs 25 - 60 gns every time you pull the trigger a pound goes a lot farther

Last edited:
No issues....sorry I mentioned it. I was pretty excited how much was available, but I have a fair amount of powder considering all I’m loading recently is bolt action rifle.

I seriously thought someone would think hey.....I could use that. I almost bought some Enforcer, but I have 2-3lbs of that right now.

Nathan-While i have plenty of powder, appreciate you posting the info. The closest "local" store with handloading components is 30 miles away, and most of supplies are bought on line. Other regularly visited sites have a minimum, if any, powder available.

3 pages of powder, including commonly used, is a lot of powder available in my book.

Nathan-While i have plenty of powder, appreciate you posting the info. The closest "local" store with handloading components is 30 miles away, and most of supplies are bought on line. Other regularly visited sites have a minimum, if any, powder available.

3 pages of powder, including commonly used, is a lot of powder available in my book.
Zeke - I'd followed a practice of buying local - meaning in my zip or neighboring zip. The pandemic lockdowns has forced me to rethink that, and I now realize how much I've missed out by sticking with my "local" definition. I've made a regular circuit (96.1mi) of late that brought me ammo, primers, and powders at the lowest prices I've paid since Bullets.com went out of business...and all with zero HazMat and Shipping fees.
YMMV, but it's definitely paid huge dividends to get outside my comfort zone.

markr6754-Appreciated but the next "local" supplier with any hope of having supplies is close to 100 miles one way, no internet site and in center of covid hot spot for the 12 county area. Appreciate the intent, and have been at this through multiple shortages over the decades. Agree with you that finding supplies anyway you can, even outside your comfort zone, is good thing.

Just received today a package of 62gr 223 bullets from MidSouth and also a email that my order from Powder Valley for 8# of TAC and 3 # of 2460 has shipped today. Also just looked at Midway USA for powder and primers and about all powders still show Out of Stock. Though I am seeing that BPS/Cabela's is slowly getting more powders in stock.

Like others I have not seen any Western Powders in stock anywhere almost all year and this too is slowly starting to reappear.

Back