miculek handload

speculation

He tested, gradually lowering the powder charge until one stuck in the barrel. Then added 1/2 grain. Not to take anything away, but every little bit helps. Ditto on the mainspring...subtracted coils until no ignition even with the softest primers, then added one coil (new spring). Just a guess.

You might see if he has a website, or email one of his sponsers. He might shoot commercial ammo from a sponser.
It seems most are using the 230grRN in the 625, so you need 720fps to make the 165 powerfactor requirement in IPSC or IDPA, or if you use a 200gr bullet you would need 825fps. So whatever it takes, I use a little over 4gr of Clays to make it with the 230.

A little recoil actually helps time the gun and keeps it predictable. Going too light negates this.

I read something a couple years ago that had him using Bullseye with a 230 grain FMJ at low 170's PF. Bullseye, Clays, N310, 700X, Red Dot, and probably a couple others make really nice 45 loads. I load and shoot Clays myself, I can't find anything better.

FF, no coils in the mainspring on a S&W revolver. He also uses pretty strong rebound slide springs otherwise he outruns the trigger reset. I'd bet you a dollar and a donut the DA pull on his competition guns will light CCI magnum primers without fail......

True, the 165 powerfacter is definatly not a light load. For Steel Challenge you can load as light as you want, there is no powerfactor requirement.

Jerry M trigger info

Jery does not use any light springs for his triggers on his revolvers because he wants the trigger to return as fast as it can. I got this information from him at one of the shoots we sponsor.

Back