Micro pistols are they better than sub compacts for carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would help if you define what you mean by micro pistol and subcompact pistol. One persons definition doesn’t always match another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would help if you define what you mean by micro pistol and subcompact pistol. One persons definition doesn’t always match another.

Yes. I've heard and read some people call the Glock 43 a "micro pistol". To me it's a sub compact.

Micro would be one of those NAA mini revolvers, but a revolver is not a pistol as far as I'm concerned.

I have a Kel-Tec P32, and don't consider micro. Maybe some people do?

I would consider the Hellcat and P365 to be Micro 9mm pistols, similar to a Glock 43, S&W Shield, or Ruger EC9S. Yes, the Hellcat and p365 have more capacity, but they are all similar in size. A Glock 26, CZ P10SC, S&W M&P 3.6 Compact, and the new M&P 3.6 Subcompact are all bigger pistols and not really in the micro realm.

In my opinion, the Micro 9mm’s are better for carry in terms of comfort, whether it’s IWB, OWB, or in a pocket. And a Glock 43 should carry better than a higher capacity micro in terms of weight due to fewer rounds.

In terms of how well you can shoot them, that is up to the individual. If a P365 or G43 is comfortable for you to carry, and you’re accurate, then go that route. If they are jumpy in your hand or too small for your hand, and you shoot a Glock 26 subcompact, or M&P 2.0 Subcompact better, then you need to carry the bigger pistol.

I would consider the Hellcat and P365 to be Micro 9mm pistols, similar to a Glock 43, S&W Shield, or Ruger EC9S. Yes, the Hellcat and p365 have more capacity, but they are all similar in size. A Glock 26, CZ P10SC, S&W M&P 3.6 Compact, and the new M&P 3.6 Subcompact are all bigger pistols and not really in the micro realm.

In my opinion, the Micro 9mm’s are better for carry in terms of comfort, whether it’s IWB, OWB, or in a pocket. And a Glock 43 should carry better than a higher capacity micro in terms of weight due to fewer rounds.

In terms of how well you can shoot them, that is up to the individual. If a P365 or G43 is comfortable for you to carry, and you’re accurate, then go that route. If they are jumpy in your hand or too small for your hand, and you shoot a Glock 26 subcompact, or M&P 2.0 Subcompact better, then you need to carry the bigger pistol.

Well put.

The original post simply asks which is “better”. Better at what? Some people might find subcompacts more comfortable to shoot than micro pistols. In that way they’re better. Some people might find micro pistols easier to carry. In that way they’re better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, your signature applies to your question.

My micro pistol is a Remington rm380. My subcompact is a Canik TP9 Elite SC. There is a significant size difference. The Remington is easy to carry. The Canik is easier to shoot well and holds more rounds. I like them both, but for different reasons.

Attachments

• rps20201006_215836_498.jpg
    rps20201006_215836_498.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 25
  • rps20201006_215904_451.jpg
    rps20201006_215904_451.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I don't consider the Hellcat, Glock 43, etc. to be micro-pistols. My Beretta 950 is a micro-pistol:

xzBbpAY.jpg

I would also consider my Ruger LCP to be a micro-pistol. I don't carry the Beretta anymore, but do carry the LCP sometimes. It's all about convenience and ability to conceal when wearing certain kinds of clothing. That is the only advantage a micro-pistol has over a sub-compact pistol. I consider my Kahr CM9 to be a sub-compact and it shoots a superior caliber round (9mm compared to .25 or .380) and is easier for me to shoot accurately than the micros.

I carried A beretta 21 a, keltec 32,380,pf9.p11,seecamp 32 mp40 c..
Today a SIG 365 Is my micro
Thanks for the replies

Unless you provide a definition (yours, or someone else's) definition of what constitutes "subcompact" and "micro," this is another question that cannot be answered in any meaningful way. You need to define your parameters.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back