Michigan mom foils would be robbers,,,

I really does resemble a Hi Point carbine!

What can we learn?

Not to rob homes?

Even at 3 to 1 odds, no body wants to be first?

Run because that particular Hi Point might work?

I jest. My son has a carbine that works just fine.

We can learn this,,,

And the question is, what can we learn from that?

Any gun is better than no gun.

Too often people on this and other forums state that a Hi-Point is a worthless firearm,,,
Hardly better than a baseball bat and inferior to a sharp stick.

In this case it (the Hi-Point) served it's purpose beautifully,,,
And by the speed with which the three intruders left the home,,,
It worked just as well as an $800.00 Beretta CX-4 or AR-15 would have.

Aarond

Definately a Hi Point, I think in 9mm. I have one in 45ACP. Shooting steel plates with it shows how much more impact it has compared to pistol 9mm or 40 or even another 45ACP out of a 1911. I always thought it had a very intimidating look.

It is not by first line of home defense but I keep loaded magazines for it on the top shelf of my gun safe and the carbine at the front of the safe.

Mine runs great as long as it is clean, PITA to give it a proper cleaning. If I had to have a long gun for home defense I might give serious consideration to one and let's face it you can almost buy 2 hi Points for the cost of one of the other options.

Sounds like she did a great job protecting her children.

Regards,
james

Good for her.
There's a real woman.
Why so many women think a cell phone and an alarm system is enough protection for themselves and their children makes so sense.

That was, indeed a Hi-Point 995, I have said it before and, I'll say it again, those little carbines are as good an HD weapon as you will find anywhere else. They are especially well suited for small stature folks and, are quite ergonomic in CQ environments.

The take away ? Being armed and having the mindset to defend yourself is a HUGE advantage when BGs come around. Kudos to this Lady for protecting herself and, her family.

Yup 9mm Hi-point carbine, have one just like it with a red dot leaning against my dresser in my bedroom.
Fun gun to shoot, and no problems as of yet with it.

Back