Miami Vice 1911

Lightsped

Anyone have any idea or any info and details as to what exact 1911 Sonny Crocket used on Miami Vice? Also, any pics of this gun would be great as well.

The Miami Vice auto was a Bren Ten. Follow this link & scroll down to "What's so special about Nash's Gun?". http://www.lowtek.com/nash/faq/#gun The site is actually about the Nash Bridges show, but the info about the Miami Vice gun is accurate, as I recall it anyhow...btw, this is my first post, hello to all you folks....

Resident Bren Ten fanatic checking in.

The pistol carried by Sonny Crockett was indeed a Bren Ten, but it was the .45 model. It was that caliber because there was no 10mm blank ammunition available at the time. He carried it in the first 2 seasons before switching to an S&W 645. This particular Bren had an aftermarket hard chrome refinishing job on the slide only, not the frame, hence the two-tone color of the pistol.

However, in the pilot, he carried a SIG P220.

I concur. A detonics in the ankle rig. His carry guns were a Bren Ten and a S&W second generation. He also carried other guns on rare occassions, including a Steyr AUG in stiltsville! By the way, if you're curious, they are showing re-runs on TNN.

Miami Vice was my favorite show when i was....hmmm I guess around 10 Yrs old? (Im 25 now). I was inspired by the show to get a S&W 645 but when i shot one and didnt like it, i started looking at the 4506. I dont really like it either. Not enuff to buy one anyway. So here i am with my 659 9MM. I like it alot. 14 rounds, stainless, looks similar to the 645 so im content.

Crockett carried a 645, detonics on his leg, and maybe a bren as said above although i dont remember seeing one. Tubbs, crocketts partner seemed to always have a S&W revolver. 38 special i assume, in blue.

Now when I watch the show I wonder what was so special about it. It really isnt all that great. Thats ok though. I still have great memories of it from when I was young and it was the coolest damn thing on TV.

P.S. Are you sure its on TNN. I thought it was on the USA network.

Crockett started off with a Sig 220 (pilot episode), went to a Bren Ten, then a Smith 645. He carried a Detonics CM on the ankle.

I thought hat the Brent Ten was actually a 10mm but they had to stop using it as peopel were stealing the spent casings, so they could no longer manufacture blanks for it.

Yep, Miami Vice comes on TNT at 7pm EST, although last night they showed two episodes back to back (7pm and 8pm EST).
I still like the show. Great cars, and great guns. I like the characters too, even the bad guys.
Now I just need to find a pic of the Bren Ten or that S&W 645....

Miami Vice was one of the reasons I got into firearms at a young age. Oh, no what are the Republicans gonna do with that?! Made me a gun addict at a young age (too much violence on TV) but also made me a stern supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Loved the Ferrari's, guns, and women but glad to say the show never gave me the urge to wear pastels. Re:High School Prom.:)

Hey George,
There is an identical thread running at 1911forum.com. Despite my best efforts they insist that Crockett used a Detonics 9mm, NOT a CombatMaster. Straighten' em out!

Another forum than TFL? There is no such thing! ;)

Yeah, it was a Combat Master. I remember seeing it Clearly in a close up. It was from the muzzle. A big muzzle. Just like Magnum PI's back up... It too was a Detonics.

I may be wrong, but when did Thomas use a Combat Master as a backup? I've seen all the episodes at least 4 times and don't remember him using anything other than his M1911A1 and occasionally a blue steel Walther PPK. I do agree with Crockett's backup, it was a Combat Master. The episode where they went to New York and that girl snagged his Bren Ten for awhile, he was in a bar and ended up shootin', if I'm not mistaken, 11 rounds through it too. You gotta love TV!

Magnum used a Detonics in 6 Episodes... Always drawn from a cross draw rig up front. And the bigger 1911 was his trusty Commander. The PPK was his pocket pistol? His last ditch?

I could believe it if it was only about 6 episodes, but I KNOW he didn't use a Commander. It was a full size Govn't model for sure.

That last shot looks like a Browning HP.
Ahhh...Icepick's Uzi. In 1979 that was the heaviest piece of TV artillery I had ever seen :)
BTW My aunt's boyfriend at the time used to do all the service on the show's "fleet" of Ferrari 308s. Great show, but when you live in Honolulu it was quite distracting that Thomas would be on one side of the island and in the next shot be somewhere else entirely. I also appeared in one episode. I was on TCs little league baseball team. :)

Back