MG-Knob Creek pics

Nukem

Here's a link to one of my albums on Photopoint that has a bunch of pics from Knob Creek. All from spring shoots over the years.
MG Pics

I was there this spring, and it was SWEEEEET!!! I can't wait until October, to do it again! Rented an Uzi, M-60, M-16, hope to get into something .50cal in October :)

George, that Vulcan in the picture belonged the the one and only Jonathan A. Ciener at the time it was taken, (if I remember correctly). I never asked him how he came about it. I imagine it was built from parts before the 86 ban. That picture was from the early 90's. I got to see it run ;)

Not nearly as impressive as the triple mini at night.

You should see the video I've collected over the years.

I do believe that is a M-5 J.E.B. Stuart Light Tank. Radial aircraft engine, 37mm gun in the turret, carried a crew of 3. Pax Christi..Rev. Joel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Hill:
How the heck does one get a 20MM Vulcan cannon?!?!?[/quote]

This little story is worded carefully to avoid any “difficulties”. This place no longer exists.

Some years ago, I would frequent a “secured area” within another “secured area” on a controlled reservation. Within this tightly controlled area were weapon systems shops for the 20mm Vulcan cannon. There were “racks and racks” of the multi-barreled cannons on one side of the shop standing up, much the same way you or I would store hunting rifles in racks. Rolls of them.

There was a test stand where they were hooked up to a hydraulic system (to run the cannon) and a fire control system. There was a sighting system and corridor also.

It is indeed an awesome sight to watch one of these things work.

I distinctly remember wanting one and being glad that I was not on the “receiving” end of the thing!

Skyhawk

Back