MG-42

rkeppy

Inactive
I have an MG-42 German machine gun. It's in really great shape. I have pictures. I'd be interested in selling this gun as I recently obtained it through an inheritance. Since I'm new to TFL, I'm wondering I'm allowed to have this type of conversation in this forum. If anyone is interested, please contact me at rkeppy@gmail.com. If I'm "out of line" with this post, someone please let me know, and my apologies. Thanks.

As long as the gun is registered, then I see no problems at all. Personally I think you'd find more interest on GunBroker.com

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Second on what LinuxHacker said.

It MUST be registered. If you don't have registration papers on it that came with the inheritance, you need to tread VERY carefully.

First, is the gun registered? If not, you have a problem.

If it is registered with BATFE, then the executor of the estate of the deceased has to follow the proper procedure for transfer of the gun to the heir (you). If that is not/was not done, you cannot take legal possession of the gun and it is illegal for you to have it unless you are the executor.

The whole inheritance thing on auto weapons is something of a can of worms and it is easy for people to make mistakes. There is almost never any prosecution for violating those laws, but the gun often ends up being confiscated, and with MG.42's selling for thousands of dollars, that is important.

It is better if you have an attorney to ask questions of BATFE and obtain the proper forms.

Jim

If it is a transferable MG.42, rkeppy better check around on prices before accepting any offers.

Jim

Back