Mexico vs US Gun Manufactures Mostly Dead

DaleA

I don't know if my title for this thread is correct or not. These lawsuits like the one in Chicago die and then come back to life like some monster in a horror movie.

Much of the 10 Billion dollars lawsuit Mexico filed against U.S. gunmakers has been tossed.

I'm not any kind of legal authority so maybe some here that are can explain things.

Here's the quote:

A U.S. judge dismissed on Wednesday much of Mexico's $10 billion lawsuit seeking to hold U.S. gun manufacturers responsible for facilitating the trafficking of firearms to violent drug cartels across the U.S.-Mexico border.
U.S. District Judge Dennis Saylor in Boston dismissed claims, opens new tab against six of the eight companies that Mexico sued in 2021, including Sturm, Ruger (RGR.N), opens new tab and Glock, calling their connection to Massachusetts, where the case was filed, "gossamer-thin at best."

Mexico's foreign ministry responded by saying that legal action against the six firms would continue and that it was considering presenting an appeal or resorting to other U.S. courts.
"This decision does not affect the lawsuit against these two companies nor does it absolve the other six companies of responsibility," the ministry told Reuters.
The two remaining defendants are Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI.O), opens new tab, which in 2021 announced it was relocating to Tennessee from Massachusetts over gun regulations, and wholesaler Witmer Public Safety Group.

You can read about it here:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-tosses-much-mexicos-lawsuit-against-us-gun-makers-2024-08-07/

And here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c98510jdee4o

Curiously I notice that the Mexican Government is not trying to sue the cartels or their own citizens who are the source of this problem of murder extortion and criminality in general.

Globalists all want law abiding citizens disarmed, and they are just doing what they are told to do. If they went after the cartels, they'd all end up hanging off overpass railings.

Back