Mexican Revolution Mauser in 7MM

VA Gent

Curious. This rifle dated 1910 has been begging me for the past 6 years to take it out this deer season. When I bought it down in Tombstone, I was told to use period ammo, nothing hot. Where can I find this and maybe in the future I should think about making my own reloads? Any advice from the gurus would be very welcome.

Name brand factory loads and handbook reloads for 7mm Mauser are no hotter than in the "period" so as to protect older guns than yours.
Shoot with confidence.

IIRC, the military sights were regulated for 175gr slugs, so I wouldn't recommend buying any 140gr stuff.

Depends on the Mauser, I think.

I think most of the Mexican Mausers made after 1902 were Gew98 derived, and should be reasonably strong.

I still wouldn't hot-rod it though, even at factory 7x57 velocities, it should be plenty for anything in North America.

What model is it?

A Mexican Mauser Modelo 1910 will be a M98 pattern rifle marked with the Mexican crest, made in Mexico on equipment supplied by FN. Shoot any ammo you want.

Scorch, I could sure use your input on another Spanish mauser I found. Mine needs a buddy? New post - Subject is "How does it matter?"
John

Back