Mexican Military

chink

I just got back from a Church trip to Ensanada, Mexico. while passing through a toll plaza on the road down from Tijuana, I an armed soldier standing,presumable to deter people from not paying the toll. anyway, I was wonder if anyone know what he was carrying.
I'm still learning to ID guns from a distance. I think it was a FAL, but I'm not sure.

heres what I know:
The mag looked like it was for a 7.62 NATO round, probably a 20 rd. mag, cuz it was straight and shorter than the 30 rd mag for my AR-15

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

When I was last in Mexico the troops I saw had FAL's and some G-3's. I have seen photos of their troops with M-16's since then.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Last time I was down there in Ensenada, the guards at the air base had FALs. I remember pretty well, because one was pointed my direction.

I remember watching CNN some years ago with my Marine Corps brother - There was a bit about the mexican military... they showed some soldiers at range of some type...

And I kid you not - they showed 5 or 6 guys firing HK G-11s! i am serious!

My brother and both sat up and looked again.. G-11s... We were astounded.

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Someone got a picture of the HK g-11?

------------------
John/az

"They come, they eat, they leave...
"They come, they eat, they leave...NOT!!

Bill Clinton (aka: Hopper) Al Gore (aka: Molt) Janet Reno (aka: Thumper)

Ants UNITE!

309.jpg

Courtesy of SecurityArms.com

I definately wasn't a G-11 and I wouldn't have asked the question if it was an M-16
after looking at the pic of the G-3, I'm starting to think thats what it was. thanks guys

Back