Mexican Drug Cartel Hitmen Given "Green Light" to start Killing in Texas

LanceOregon

If this warning really ends up happening, could this be the straw that would break the camel's back on controlling our border?? Over 800 people have been murdered in drug related assassinations just in Ciudad Juarez alone so far this year. That is a rate of over 100 people every month.

Apparently many Mexicans being target by the drug lords there have fled to the United States for safety. And many of their shooting victims have been brought here for medical treatment.

If these killers end up invading Texas, and causing mayhem there too, how will the state of Texas and the Federal government then react??

Here is a news story about this new development:

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=&article=4149280

Is the Mexican government losing the war on drugs there??

Cool, it's going to be like when Alejandro Sosa sent the hit squad to get Tony Montana!

'Say hello to my little friend'

Violent_sterb320.gif

[Soapbox mode]

Hmm, this sounds familiar to what happened on February 14, 1929. Seems like the "war on drugs" (Prohibition 2.0) is having the same effect as Prohibition 1.0 did.

I know plenty of people who don't do "illegal" drugs, myself included, and it isn't because we can't get them, even here in North Dakota. Last I checked, the price of Heroin has been dropping because Afghanistan as been exporting so much of the stuff. I know other people who do do drugs and as long as they aren't hurting me or anyone else, it's none of my business. None of them are selling themselves on the street and a few make more than I do.

Of course some people translate legalizing drugs with wanting to put crack machines in the schools. (Of course we do, we want to put them right next to the Marlboro and Budweiser machines we have in there now.:rolleyes: )

I graduated High school in 2002. Tobacco was by far the hardest drug to get. Alcohol was second hardest. Everything else? You could buy as much as you could afford. Legalized regulation is the way to go.

[/Soapbox mode]

I have to agree with Crosshair. I had quite a few friends who smoked weed b/c it was so much easier to get than alcohol. I am not sure i would agree with tobacco being harder to get than alcohol though. There was always a senior around who would pick up a pack for someone.

The border needs to be closed, we all know that but I doubt that it will be - immigration on this scale is great for business and future votes.

The lowering wages and rising crime certainly hurt average Americans but, who cares? Its not like the ones benefiting from it will be hurt.

Legalizing drugs is a bad idea, securing the border on the other hand will provide significantly more benefit to most Americans.

Mexico is a lost cause,

Well holy crap...

S832, I believe this is the only subject, thus far, that we have even remotely agreed on. Ain't that sumpthin.

I'm more than in favor for the 20ft x 10ft wall around our boarder. With a mine field and razor wire. Keep them out. Let them immigrate like everyone else. There is already about 5% unemployment. At the rate of over 300,000 LEGAL immigrants per year, were are being moved out. We don't need any more Quiki Marts.

And if the Drug lords want to cross the boarder and start their crap, Texas should open season. Have like a Volunteer Boarder Squad. Just like the Fire Dept.

hmmm

Back a few years in the Army Times, the border issue was raised and a Lt Col. had the idea of making a 5 mile wide 24/7/365 Military live fire range of the border areas. I mean everything from Artillery and tanks to small arms and rockets. I heard he got asked to retire, that was in the early to mid 90's.
If Mexican hit men come to the states to make hits, (like they havent been before:rolleyes: hence Mexican drug gangs in the same border towns) it will hardly make a blip on the news, what is another murder or 2 in a border town?-sarcasm-

The goal: More Gun Control Laws

This whole "drug cartel" storyline is a coordinated media campaign, whose main purpose, make no mistake, is the acceptance of additional new gun control laws in the U.S. ATF offices in the southwest are frequently planting stories with the same talking points, and keywords, meant to inflame public sentiment that something needs to be done. "Operation Gunrunner", "The Iron River" (which used to be called "The Ant Trail", until the media folks decided Iron River was more effective), "drug lords"...these type terms will be sprinkled liberally in planted stories. This story shows that the Border Patrol is joining the party.

The goals

From the rhetoric, they are targeting specific types of firearms...AK pattern rifles, the FN 5.7 pistol, .50 cal rifles, AR pattern rifles, etc., with colorful descriptions as to the horrible carnage they can inflict. If successful, these will be banned in the new administration. A year from now, when the gun forums are arguing about new bans, the source can be traced back to this PR campaign!

A secondary goal, is the creation of new gun purchase restrictions. Ideally (from their perspective), you'll see the "one gun a month" purchase restriction. Failing that, look for new ATF "multiple purchase reports" to be extended from handguns to include rifles, with the timeframe to be extended from 5 business days, to one month. Note that many stories feature the horrors of multiple purchases by a "mule".

The politically astute, career-minded ATF agents are angling for a seat at the table in the new administration. This coordinated rhetoric is no fluke, many future promotions are at stake.

The drug war is a convenient vehicle on which careers are built, in Mexico and the USA. For entertainment and enlightenment, get a copy of the Academy Award winning movie "Traffic", which sheds light the many different groups, inside and outside government, who are feeding off the issue.

We don't like it when the media hypes up words, sensationalize them, to make a situation or perspective sound much more dramatic. This is exactly what LanceOregon is doing. He has changed the context of the article.

Compare:
LanceOregon said...
Over 800 people have been murdered in drug related assassinations just in Ciudad Juarez alone so far this year.

Article said...
More than 800 people have been murdered in Juarez since the beginning of 2008, as leaders of two major drug trafficking organizations, as well as some rogue criminals, do battle to control the lucrative smuggling routes into the U.S. Twenty people were murdered in Juarez just this past weekend.

Nowhere here has it been said that the 800 murders were all drug related or that these were 800 assassinations. LanceOregon is playing up the hitman angle and making it appear that all 800 murders were assassinations as we know that one group of people who carry out assassinations are hitmen. The article simply notes a correlation between the conflict of competing drug organizations and the increased murder rate. The word "assassination" wasn't even in the article.

Yes, more than 800 people in Juarez have been murdered. As noted in the article, many were in battles, not in assassinations. There is also a goodly number who have been murdered in part of due course of normal crimes.

I do wish Lance was right and that druggies were killing druggies. It would be like Marion Barry's categorization of D.C. as being safe even though it had the highest murder (not assassination) rate in the country. He said D.C. was safe for the rest of us because the high murder rate was the product of drug dealers killing one another. It isn't legal to just kill drug dealers, but they seem to be doing it to one another.

"I'm more than in favor for the 20ft x 10ft wall around our boarder."

Depending on how tall it is, he still may be able to climb out.

Tim

I want a wall with people firing off of it at the invaders. Don't hit them the first shot (we have to keep the humanitarians happy) but the followup shots they are good to go.

The OP asked "Is the Mexican government losing the war on drugs there??"

I don't know if this was meant as a joke, but let me set you straight. There is no war on drugs.. If you have not figured it out yet, let me spell it out for you. The Mexican government is fighting a war to CONTROL the drugs! They have not ever at any point in history attempted to STOP the illegal flow of drugs from within their country, or through their country from the south into the USA. The ONLY goal of the Mexican government is to drive out their competitors which in this case are enterprising Mexicans from within their own borders. The Mexican government is fully involved with the trafficking of "product" into this country and receive reparations annually in the billions-if not trillions-of dollars.

Don't think for a moment that the free flow of drugs into this country will ever cease. The only thing that will ever change is who controls the product, and receives the profit. That is what you are seeing right now. The Mexican government fighting with the "distributors" to control the flow.

On the other issue of illegal immigration. This is like beating a dead horse, but I'll surmise it quickly this time. Our government (The US) WANTS each and every illegal worker to be here. The elected members of our government are bought & paid for by large corporations. Large corporations use "seed" money to get the people who will best represent their wants/needs into office. Once said people are in office, business continues as usual for large corporations who need the laborers to produce product & services. Until you can get the corruption out of the process-THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE. Illegal immigrants will be here until the corruption issue is solved. So, in essence I am telling you to learn to live with illegal immigration because in your lifetime you will not see a change in corruption of government, or reduction of illegal immigrants. Wait, let me correct myself, you will see a change in the level of corruption in our government. I fully expect and anticipate that it will get WORSE.

And in case you are wondering-NO! There is NO ONE you can vote into office who will ever be able to change the process as it is now. One person is not able, and will never be able, to turn the tide on an entire system that is corrupt from the ground up. Couple ways you can deal with this:
a. Become part of the corrupt system and get rich
b. Go on in life bitching about it and being generally unhappy about something you can't influence or change
C. Just understand that as messed up as things are-we are still the best country in the world and be happy with what you have, and focus on the positive in your life.

Kawabuggy, the Mexican government connections you speak of dealing with the "war on drugs" sounds as though you mean the Mexican government is making money on so-called "war on drugs". I agree. IMO We don`t think we have to go to Mexico to see that happening.

Smuggling organizations have been pulling off armed rip-offs and murders for years in the border states.

The only thing new here is some knowledge of the order before they are carried out.

Don't be fooled into thinking that these organizations will go away or become less violent with legalization of any particular substance. They will smuggle anything, be it humans, illegal drugs, untaxed cigarettes, etc. Their only concerns are: will it make a profit? and how can it be transported?

Don't be fooled into thinking that these organizations will go away or become less violent with legalization of any particular substance. They will smuggle anything, be it humans, illegal drugs, untaxed cigarettes, etc. Their only concerns are: will it make a profit? and how can it be transported?
They will become less violent because there will no longer be any money in that market. When was the last time there was a drive by shooting or a murder because of the trade of illegal alcohol in the US? What about cigarettes? There really isn't because there isn't enough money in it. Grey markets are by nature less violent.

How did we kill the numbers racket in the US? We legalized the lottery. People still blow their entire paycheck on the lotto, but at least the money is not going into the hands of criminals to fund other illegal activities.

Will they find something else? Probably, will it be as lucrative as the current drugs trade, probably not. People do make money smuggling cigarettes, but the amount of money to be made is very limited because of the comparatively large volume needed to make any money.

By legalizing drugs, the people who use, but don't abuse, can be left alone and we can go after the people who steal and commit crimes.

Legalizing drugs is a bad idea, securing the border on the other hand will provide significantly more benefit to most Americans.
Why do you think Meth, a drug that makes Heroin look like aspirin, became so popular in the US? We clamped down on the borders so people started making their own drugs in the US.

Some people WANT to get high and they will do what they need to do in order to do so. They will try different stuff and see what works. Who knows what they will find next, a drug that can be made from flour, toothpaste, and gasoline?

By banning drugs you are attempting to outlaw the law of supply and demand. Prohibition has not worked in the history of mankind. We need to accept that and work to minimize the damage that is caused by use of these drugs. Outlawing consensual crimes is counterproductive, doomed to failure and produces unintended consequences.

If you are convinced that legalizing is such a bad idea, then why do we not ban tobacco and alcohol? They cause far more harm than illegal drugs do. We don't because we learned our lesson with alcohol in the 1920s. Yet we seem to think that currently illegal drugs are different than alcohol. Alcohol is a mind altering substance just like cannabis is. (Guess which one causes more violence.) We have cut the use of tobacco in the US in half over the last few decades and we didn't do it by banning tobacco.

There is an organization called LEAP, "Law Enforcement Against Prohibition". Check out their media section on their website leap.cc. Lots of detailed information there.

Im with Crosshair on this one. Legalizing drugs is the only way to go. What somebody puts in to their body is of no concern to me. And it should not be the governments. You can NOT legislate behavior. And making a user a criminal is about the stupidest idea in the world.

And this notion that legalizing drugs will create new users is a complete farce. Ive got news for any genius that buys that load of BS....People that want to do drugs , do them anyway regardless of the law!!!! Legalizing them is not going to make someone become an addict.

You stop drug use through education...NOT legislation!!!

Crosshair is correct. Legalizing drugs will kill their profits. Anytime you make something illegal, you basiclly a business and a guaranteed hefty profit on a silver platter to the bad guys. You only have to look at the prohibition of the 1930s to see a perfect example of this. This will effectively curb the drug wars on the border.

I think Penn&Teller put it best. We spent 80 billion dollars fighting the "drug war" in 2005. And only managed to stop less than 40% of the drugs coming through the border.

Show of hands...Who here would spend 80 billion dollars on something that only worked less than half the time??? Our government does this every year. With results like those something needs to change and fast!!!! Seriously!!!! 80 BILLION dollars and only managed to stop 40% of the drugs pouring in here???

WTF are we doing?!?!?!

Legalizing drugs is stupid, most people aren't responsible enough to have easy access to heroin, it would be detrimental to society to do so.

Back