Methods of CCW with body armor

Y. Zhou

Inactive
Hi, I've been around the forums a bit, havn't posted much but have gleaned much useful information about CCW and firearms. One topic that I havn't seen (probably because its either obvious or not encountered too much) is how do people carry concealed when they are wearing body armor (II/IIA). Now usually without BA I would go with the strong-side IWB in the kidney recess area, but with BA on the bulge is incredibly obvious or the gun is not easily accessible (if the butt of the gun goes under the armor). The only feasible way I've found is shoulder-holsters. If anybody else has an idea, I would much appreciate it.

Y. Zhou,

First, Welcome :)

Second, most people that wear BA (LEO's, SWAT, Military) will always carry in some type of tactical holster or OWB. Unless you have the BA that has the side free (no insert panels) then you could carry there IWB I would guess.

Other than that, you would most likely have to go with off body carry or pocket/vest.

Good luck in your endeaver and again, welcome :).

Wayne

Triple tap :(

*Please delete/remove the triple tap please :eek: I kept on getting an error message and kept on hitting the submit button :(.

Wayne

Back