Mesa Tactical 870 Stock

Dragline45

Anyone have experience with these? Just about exactly what I was looking for in the way of a stock for my 870. AR style Telescopic buttstock and a Hogue rubber pistol grip. Maybe ill go ahead and get the Hogue rubber forened to go with it.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...od24535.aspx?avs|Make~~Model_1=Remington__870

l_100003175_1.jpg

No experience here, but I will say that I love to shoot my western field/mossberg550b with a AR type pistol grip stock. I like that set up on a shotgun.

I have no experience with the Mesa Stock but I hunt with an 870 using a Choate Mk5 stock. I really like having the pistol grip stock, but I wouldn't want to shoot a 12-ga pistol grip only.

Just shot one of those this week. Had a spring/piston deal in the assembly in the tube, functioned like a shock absorber. Very soft shooting.

Not sure about toughness or durability

I have a Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock and it is very high quality. The LOP is a little shorter than perfect (its a tactical stock and I have long arms.) The Knoxx Stock is good but caused allowed the 870 to hit me in the face because of my cheek weld position.

Dragline45 Wrote:
Maybe ill go ahead and get the Hogue rubber forened to go with it.

I would, My personal opinion is the Hogue forend is the best, sleekest, forend for the money. I'm not into the forends with rails and such.. they just get in the way if you ask me. The tactile feel of the Hogue forend gives you a very nice grip without being overly bulky.

I put a Messa Tactical LEO stock with the endine buffer on it and I love it. It is very high quality and I.M.O. is the best stock on the market.

Back