• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Meritorious Members

Wildalaska

I just thought of this while I was...well forget what I was doing....but anyway I dont know if the software handles this, or even if the mods want it, but it seems to me that there are some guys here who are outstanding in their knowledge of certain things....I'm thinking of course of guys like Antipitas (L&P), Zak Smith (shooting), Mas Ayoob, Denny Hanson (tactics and training), Jim Keenan, Dfarriswheel, Jim Watson, Harley Nolden (Gun models and History, gunsmithing, general gun knowledge), Pax (womens shooting) and others.....(don't be offended if I left YOU, whoever you may be) out

In other words folks who most of us should defer to as, quite frankly, they are usually right...now I understand some of these meritorious members are staff too but is there a way to give folks who are outstanding special recognition? Little star by their name? Or a boolet?

This would have to be a staff gig of course, you guys could say...hey, this dude knows his stuff, lets give him a star. The members here could nominate if you want...

WildjustathoughtAlaska ™

I'm thinking of course of guys like Antipitas (L&P), Zak Smith (shooting), Mas Ayoob, Denny Hanson (tactics and training), Jim Keenan, Dfarriswheel, Jim Watson, Harley Nolden (Gun models and History, gunsmithing, general gun knowledge), Pax (womens shooting) and others.....(don't be offended if I left YOU, whoever you may be) out

Forgot to add Wildalaska.

Not me, I'm quantity, not quality. I'm the kid in the back of the class making noise and destined for a State University while Zak and those other guys will get into Hah-vahd...:)

WildleavemoutpleaseAlaska TM

There's a mention in the Board FAQ of something called "Reputation," which seems like it could be used this way -- although I never seem to see the little "reputation" icons in the boards I look at.

And why don't I see them, by the way? Is this something that mods just choose not to enable, or...?

Not that it's too hard to figure out whose posts are really, seriously worth reading, and whose aren't. :rolleyes:

Or whose signatures are worth reading, for that matter...

In an instance like this I would suggest changing the part under your name for something more appropriate, so instead of senior member you would have something else. TFL is calm and there isn't much flaming going on, but to put a reputation system in place is just waiting for a rep war to start. I have been on two boards that had rep and it always had to go.

We all try to do our best in our own best ways. It's understood that there are folks on here with different levels of experience and expertise and they are all truly appreciated. I review all posts that interests me and seldom question their authors. I have learned much from the newbees as well as the so called experts. We already have to many beauty pageants. You have the right to make your measure and sort, any way you wish. Work it out and work through it.

Be Safe !!!

Back