Meriden Model 15

Jgulke

Inactive
Hi guys, I'm new here. Could anyone here give me an approximate value of a Meriden Model 15 22 rifle? This rifle is about 80%, seems to be in good working condition and appears to be all original.

Quote from the Standard Catalog of Firearms, 18th Edition "Meriden Firearms Co.also made many single barrel shotguns and 22 rifles whose current values are determined by growing collectors interest and condition." :) Meriden Firearms Co. 1905 to 1918. However, don't quit your day job.

IIRC, Meridan was owned by Sears, Roebuck and made economy firearms for their stores.

It MIGHT make you a Hundredaire - with an avid buyer ! ;)

Thanks, I wasn't expecting much. It's owned by a friend of mine who wants to sell it. I'm just trying to figure out what a honest offer should be.

If it's marked Meriden then I don't think it was a store Brand. Yes Meriden made guns for Sears, but they also made guns for the open market. Winchester also made the Model 70 for the J C Higgins Name, but at the same time they made the more expensive, Winchester marked Model 70. The little Meriden .22 is worth more than a hundred if in good condition

Meriden Pump Action 22

I am new to the forum. I have an old pump 22 that is not marked Meriden but I think it is a Meriden Model 15. Does anyone have a photo of a Meriden Model 15 22 pump so I verify its manufacturer? Thanks.

The Meriden Model 15 was originally a Savage patent that Meriden bought from them in 1903 and produced it from 1905 to 1917. Depending on condition, they can go as low as $100 or you can buy mine for $500 :D (it looks new). I've recently seen one that is 100% perfect and original for $1,200.00. OR???? you can sell it to me.

Meriden Patents

A J Savage and Basil Savage were issued the patents that became the Meriden 15. Aside from being the sons of A W Savage, they had nothing to do with Savage Arms Co. A W Savage had moved on by then too. The Meriden is entirely different design from the Savage pump 22 Models 1903 or 1914.

@ MIATA55

HI I HAVE A MODEL 15 AS WELL ON THE BOTTOM FRONT OF THE HEEL IS A PLATE MARKED "1706' WUT DOES THIS NUMBER MEAN ? IS THE # TO THE MAKE NUMBER:confused:. I HAVE THIS GUN IN ORG;VERY MENT CONDITON. LOOKING TO SELL IT TOOO.:cool:

Meriden 15 parts

A friend just gave me a Model 15 that is in fair shape. Missing the breechblock. Is this a part you have?

If you're asking me, BillyT, let me go out and dig through my junk to see if I still have the breechblock.

Edit: Update: Sorry, I do not have a breechblock. I have a complete receiver (left and right halves) and some internal parts

Last edited:
You're welcome, Billy T. Sorry I didn't have that breechbolt for ya.
If you need other parts, I might have 'em.

Would you have a firing pin for the model 15?

Sorry, no.:(

I don't even know when or where I got these parts, but, basically, I have the two halves of the receiver and some odd internals.

have some parts for a Meridan model 15

I have a complete breech block and a few other parts for a Meridan Model 15 pump 22 rifle. Side receiver plates, outer mag tube, action bar, and a few other internal parts. Also have an octagon barrel that shows some pitting in the bore but there is rifling there. Thanks.

Back