meriden mod. 15 parts

littlmak

I have a Meriden mod. 15 serial # 19772. It has an octagon brl. that is stamped pat. 1913. I understand there is a connection to Remington firearms somehow. I need reciever parts for this rifle will Remington parts work?

Hi, Littlmak,

I don't recall any connection with Remington. I think Meriden was associated with Sears, Roebuck, or at least made a lot of guns for them.

Meriden, IIRC, went out of business around 1915, and I know of no source for parts. Their guns were never expensive or of high quality, and I really doubt it would be worth spending much time or money trying to find parts or have them made except for something very simple, like a screw.

If the gun has a family history, it might make a good display gun.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I heard a rumor that Meriden employed moonlighting Remington employees so I thought some of the parts might interchange. The only value it holds for me is a "winter project" If anyone has a junk model 15 that has useable reciever parts and would like to sell them, I'd like to hear from them.

Thanks Steve

I have the Numrich catalog but don't have a section marked Sears. This is good, now, do you happen to know the sears model # for this particular rifle so I can order the schematic?

Back