Meprolights - excellent

Noah1234

I just got a set of Meprolights installed on my Glock36 the other day, based on some reccomendations I got from this board and I wanted to say thanks. I was going to go with PT night sights that were available at a local gun store since I didn't even know about the Mepros'. I'm very impressed with them though, after comparing them to the PT's you can tell the Mepros' are brighter and sharper. I've been shooting into our pond at GITD ping-pong balls at night, it's alotta fun and the sights work excellent. Anyone thinking of getting night sights should check 'em out!

Meprolight Night Sights

I agree, the meprolight night are excellent. I sell these for $69.00 delivered. I use these myself in my Sig Sauer P220 duty pistol. While at the range qualifying, the front tritium dot popped out. I went home, and called Meprolight about the problem. They promptly sent me a new front sight. It should be noted that these sights were approximatley 7 years old at the time this happened. Excellent customer service.

What do your fish think about your night-time antics?
My fish would be most unhappy (if my cat hadn't eaten them last year...)

What sort of range can the Mepro's be used at?

Is it important that the ping-pong balls are GITD?
My tabletennis balls cost quite a bit...What else could I use?

Alastair

Any range you want

The sights are almost identical to the factory sights (three white dots) during the day, but at night or in low light conditions the dots actually glow due to the radioactive tritium contained in them making it easier to acquire targets. The only reason I'm using gitd balls is because I really can't see them floating on the water at night if they aren't glowing.

Oh and by the way, in case you're thinking of shooting up your pond or whatever, I usually use ivory soap bars as targets. They are easy to see, and present a good target without being too easy, and of course they are completely biodegradable (unlike the ping pong balls)

The soap isn't really "clean" to use in a small sized pond, in my exp. A few bars here and there, no big deal. Is life still flourishing in there? I guess that would prove me wrong.

Back