Meprolight or trijicon ?

1995GMC

Inactive
I just ordered a set of Mepro's ( $62.50 installed ) for my Glock 26 and would like to get your opinion of these and the Trijicons . Also if anyone knows of a web sight for Meprolights that has pictures or info about them I would appreciate the address . I ordered the Mepro's over the Trijicons mainly because of the $30.00 difference in price .

[This message has been edited by 1995GMC (edited May 04, 1999).]

I think they're all on about the same level of quality. I sell and install more Meprolight and PT Nightsights than Trijicon. I'm sure the price difference has a lot to do with it. The only complaint I've had out of any of them is that the orange PT's don't stand out very well. George

1995GMC: yo! Where'd you get nightsights installed for $62.50? Is this an LEO deal or something? I gotta new m22 that needs a set.

A few years ago, Glock was offering to install tritium sights for about $70 including return shipping, & they had about a 2 week turnaround time. I sent my Glock 19 in and they put Meprolights on. You can call Glock at 770-492-1201.

TANSTAAFL , I ordered my sights through a local shop here in Utah ( www.Rangemasters.com ) These guys have good prices ( Glocks for $420.00 , AR's starting at about $700.00 ) I searched all over and these guys were cheaper than anywhere on the net or from a catalog plus I don't have to ship my gun off or try to install them myself .

Both are good sights. I've had 3 sets of trij. and one of meps. The meps seem to give a little better daytime picture.
Use a little care when cleaning. Try not to get solvent or some oils on the white outlines, they tend to come off, esp. on the trijs. It's a pain to put them back on with w/paint and a toothpick.
James L.

Back